Started by rickburn, November 07, 2008, 03:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

Quote from: "szabiakanich"
Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "SerFox"Dene
<snip>
Sounds a bit too technical to me.........black it is, I'm getting used to it

It's not YOU (the user) who has to change that, it's the admin :) If he changes it's gonna change for us all. And yeah, that seems about right SerFox. That's the one setting we're looking for here.

Go me, I am be pretend CSS expert  :D  :D  :D

Deno

Thanks SerFox

How about yellow instead of increasing the font size?

D

Mikey

Quote from: "szabiakanich"
Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "SerFox"Dene
<snip>
Sounds a bit too technical to me.........black it is, I'm getting used to it

It's not YOU (the user) who has to change that, it's the admin :) If he changes it's gonna change for us all. And yeah, that seems about right SerFox. That's the one setting we're looking for here.
Yikes...thats a bit bright after the black.
Prefer the set up of the darker pages
I used to have a signature

Rick

Quote from: "Gandalf1986"
Quote from: "Rick"I haz avatar...Yeaaaahh :)

where iz my bukkit? :lol:

Ok, well blimey i seem to have aquired myself a working avatar after quite a struggle....
Try and do a bit of webspeak and it all comes unstuck :D

szabiakanich

Quote from: "Deno"Thanks SerFox

How about yellow instead of increasing the font size?

D

I personally would increase the font size. That yellow doesn't look too good/doesn't go well with the rest of the design/colors. That gray was perfect, it would only need to be a bit bigger. :)

SerFox

It's the actual size thats the problem for me, even if you increased it from what it is to maybe a couple more pt it should be alright.

I'm using the same system on my forum (phpbb3) and I had a poke around, there seems to be some leaway for a coloured username system dependent on rank/postcount classes, could be a fun feature?

I'd say aiming for something like this would be good:

Username01

And for those having Avatar issues, see my post here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34

Deno

Quote from: "Rick"
Quote from: "Gandalf1986"
Quote from: "Rick"I haz avatar...Yeaaaahh :)

where iz my bukkit? :lol:

Ok, well blimey i seem to have aquired myself a working avatar after quite a struggle....
Try and do a bit of webspeak and it all comes unstuck :D

OK, keep coming with the suggestions....

i've got to go build a cot bed back up so may be a while ;-)

Will check in later to make anything wrong.....errr.....right..

D

SerFox

I'd ask for a nose around the CSS CP but ehehe... not my forum  :lol:

Onanist

Can we have glow in the dark light switches for Mikey :D

szabiakanich

While we are at it. I noticed that whenever I quote someone's message and then write my own stuff and hit submit, it won't submit, I have to hit submit again. Don't really know what that's about, why it wouldn't want to post it right away.

EDIT: I tried to post "normally" now, withouth quoting and it does the same. It's quite annoying.

Mikey

Quote from: "szabiakanich"While we are at it. I noticed that whenever I quote someone's message and then write my own stuff and hit submit, it won't submit, I have to hit submit again. Don't really know what that's about, why it wouldn't want to post it right away.

EDIT: I tried to post "normally" now, withouth quoting and it does the same. It's quite annoying.
Works, and has been working, OK for me & I'm the village idiot
Are you using the right buttons? they're not in the same order, or I don't think they are. That's my excuse for the first one I tried, quoted instead of URL'd
I used to have a signature

Onanist

Quote from: "szabiakanich"While we are at it. I noticed that whenever I quote someone's message and then write my own stuff and hit submit, it won't submit, I have to hit submit again. Don't really know what that's about, why it wouldn't want to post it right away.

I think it's because the board is letting you know that someone else has posted on the thread.

Or I could be completely wrong :oops:

Deno

That sounds like the new feature where someone else has added to the thread while you were writing your post. Gives you a chance to amend it if needs be.

D

Deno

Quote from: "Onanist"I think it's because the board is letting you know that someone else has posted on the thread.

dat boi speak da troof

D

szabiakanich

Quote from: "Onanist"

I think it's because the board is letting you know that someone else has posted on the thread.

Ahh yeah, that makes sense. So it's basically to let you know that somebody added something to the conversation and you might want to consider that as well. Still annoying though. :D