Andy Edwards Pocket Sun on Jobecky Electric Drums.

Started by Fogeyspasm, March 23, 2012, 10:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fogeyspasm

What a coincidence. Two performances of Pocket Son from two Frost* drummer.
I give you Mr Andy Edwards!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLdb_H2v ... e=youtu.be
Pocket Son towards the end.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

El_Mayonnaise

What can you say? It's an excellent drumming track  :D

I love both TBE and Blunders approach to teaching/advertising/demonstration. They're both so very down to earth (TBE's accent makes me feel like I'm back home :p).

In terms of the videos I was more interested in the 2box's ability to emulate famous drum kits. Does anyone else think this is genius? There's always a few cheeky homages on synths (I've seen an organ patch called Deep Violet somewhere) so why not the drumbles?

Mikey

Nicer

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

If only I could play them
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Well, well; excellent stuff. Reminds me all over again what a superbly rhythmic track Pocket Sun is, although I'm not quite sure I remember there being quite as much cymbal  ;)

And from TBE and Blunders on drums, to everyone else who's ever played with Frost*, it all goes to show what a fabulous bunch of musicians these blokes are.

Mikey

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"what a fabulous bunch of musicians these blokes are.
Agreed...as if we didn't know  :D
I used to have a signature

Pedro

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"although I'm not quite sure I remember there being quite as much cymbal  ;)
Oh there was, with no Toms TBE had to hit something! The mix on the video is heavier on the kit, so the cymbals are more noticeable, I think.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"although I'm not quite sure I remember there being quite as much cymbal  ;)
Oh there was, with no Toms TBE had to hit something! The mix on the video is heavier on the kit, so the cymbals are more noticeable, I think.

Well, that's what I meant, I suppose: the cymbals are much more upfront in the Jobecky video, but yes, there were plenty of them in the original too.

rogerg

good stuff, but the hearing the camera guy breathing was a bit strange....

rogerg

someone with more video acumen than I needs to do a Pocket Sun split screen of Andy and Blunders...  8-)

El_Mayonnaise

Perhaps cut out the middle man and just stitch them both together to create The Boy Blunders?

lyn

Both these (craig and andy) cuts are fabulous!  we probably don't realise how lucky we are to see it in the making!
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

JakeWorrell

As I said on Twitter, I think the Jobecky kits sound much more natural than the Roland ones based on both of the Pocket Sun videos. I'm always suspicious that roland stick less sample memory in their brains to keep costs down.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

E.S.

Also funny how two drummers can play the same thing (well, almost), but have a completely different groove and feel. Still, they both fit right into Frost*. Good musicianship that is. They're both glorious and huge heroes of mine. :D

JimD

Awesome!  Love the idea of those multi-personality drums and, yes, we are very lucky to see this and Craig's demo together. Drums are just super-exciting these days and it annoys me a great deal that I just can't really play the drums very well (and am now at that 40-something period of my life where finding the time may never now be possible).

Thinking about the different members of Frost* over the years led me to this though - how awesome would it be one day for the double-trio (plus Jem) version of Frost* to be revealed?

Andy and Craig on drumkits.
John and Nathan on basses.
John and Dec on guitars.
Jem in the middle of it all!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Pedro

Oh yes, the F* Onion tour is on my list of things to make happen when I win big on the lottery. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"