DeeExpus/Tinyfish at The Peel

Started by Nellie, April 19, 2012, 11:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nellie

I've been slacking a bit with my promotions.

Tinyfish will be the very special guests of DeeExpus on Friday 27th April at The Peel in Kingston.
Hopefully, DXP will be playing some of the new album King of Number 33 and Tinyfish will be.....well......Tinyfish.
I will be on the merch desk if anyone wants to a) say hello or 2) throw things at me.

Hope to see some or all of you there. :D
It's in the post!

Pedro

Mrs P and I will be there...that's me and her, not some woman called "Mrs P & I".

I wouldn't dream of throwing anything at you Nells (except plaudits) but I might stand next to the merch table and ask, repeatedly every 10 seconds or so; "Are you selling day tickets for Celebr8 yet?"..."Are you selling day tickets for Celebr8 yet?"...
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

I'd absolutely LOVE to be there, those two being 2 of my fave bands evah, but cost of transport and overnight stay (no way am I staying sober for that!) is kinda prohibitive :(
I really must finish my design for a teleporter....
* May contain nuts.

sawtooth

Quote from: "RacingHippo"I'd absolutely LOVE to be there, those two being 2 of my fave bands evah, but cost of transport and overnight stay (no way am I staying sober for that!) is kinda prohibitive :(
I really must finish my design for a teleporter....

When the Hippoporters (TM) start rolling off the assembly line I may be interested in purchasing one, since I have the same logistical/financial problem. It's gotta be worth at least one kidney for a gizmo like that eh? :D

Mikey

Quote from: "Nellie"I will be on the merch desk if anyone wants to a) say hello or 2) throw things at me.

What about if they want to purchase the merch? Who do they see?  ;)
I used to have a signature

rogerg

Nellie

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "Nellie"I will be on the merch desk if anyone wants to a) say hello or 2) throw things at me.

I think DXP have a bloke selling it  ;)
It's in the post!

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Nellie"

I think DXP have a bloke selling it  ;)

A bloke?
Is he the new Merch Queen?
* May contain nuts.

Nellie

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "Nellie"

What about if they want to purchase the merch? Who do they see? ;)
I think DXP have a bloke selling it ;)

A bloke?
Is he the new Merch Queen?
Haha, don't say that to him! I'll stand next to him a bit.
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

I think I need to pay a bit more attention ...

I've just arrived in London for a meeting at the Science Museum (celebrating 50 years of the UK in space, no less) on Thursday and Friday, and my family will join me on Saturday morning for the long weekend.

So, I was casting around for something to do on Friday night, so checked some listings.

Starting with some opera, classical music perhaps, but there's bugger all on on Friday. In London. Good grief.

A musical? Nope, my family wouldn't be happy if I went without them.

Theatre? Well ...

A film? What's on that's interesting? First night of Joss Whedon's "Avengers Assemble"? Good review on Time Out, so mebbe. "Wings of Desire" at Ealing Town Hall. Very good and set in my long-time home of Berlin, but seen it so many times.

Rock? Ian Anderson playing "Thick as a brick" ... sorry, never was a fan of the one-legged flautist ... Wishbone Ash? Egads.

So, what the hell; check out The Peel.

DeeExpus? Tinyfish?? Nellie and Pedro???

My conundrum might be solved ... if I can be bothered to struggle with London Transport all the way from South Kensington to Kingston and back; anyone know the quick way?

[Edit: OK, it's easy: District Line to Wimbledon, rail to Kingston. Now, a ticket ... ]

Pedro

It would be jolly nice to see you there. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Oh great.
Now TA's going to be there as well?
Never before have I wanted a teleport so badly.
Stupid, silly London. Why can't it be closer?  :cry:
* May contain nuts.

RacingHippo

I'm going to see if I can get the northern half of the duo in Maltby tomorrow night. If Ditch swears a lot it'll almost be like having Leon there.
Anyone else coming?
* May contain nuts.

Brom

Quote from: "RacingHippo"Oh great.
Now TA's going to be there as well?
Never before have I wanted a teleport so badly.
Stupid, silly London. Why can't it be closer?  :cry:

Add Moo and Elkie (I think) to that list.

Pass me the hankie. Due to circumstances I can't be there either!  :cry:
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Ash

It was very nice to talk to TA last night.
Ash
xxx