Potential new monitor for my key rig

Started by MarkOneMusic, April 19, 2012, 02:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkOneMusic

Those lovely chaps in PMT Bristol who sold me my lovely Fantom G7 and other assorted musical goodliness have got one of these in for me to try:

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/sho ... /index.jsp

I'm only going to try it out mind.. I've no intention of actually buying one... er...

... much.

Jem

Ooh, let me know what you think of it. I've always wondered how/if the L1 works.

MarkOneMusic

Well that was interesting.

The L1 compact sounded nice. But to my ears it was just too damn polite.  For a solo guitarist playing a set at the pub - brilliant. enough level to fill a 50 seat bar area, no problem.  But on a stage competing with a Hughes and Ketner fettled axeman, or the like I'm pretty sure you'd struggle to hear the mellotron. OK for some, that might be a good thing.

As is the form for music shops these days there were few alternatives to check out, but they did have one of these powered mixer + 2 cabs thing that packs away into a block, made by Samson.  300W, really punchy and loud.  OK it's a bit low-end compared to Bose, but it means that I saved about 400 quid, that might well go into the keyboard toys fund (Because while I was in the shop there was this Nord Electro which sounded REALLY nice*)  :?

Jem - for a 2nd opinion you might want to chat to that blunders chap, because I am sure he mentioned on one of his web demos that he endorsed the Bose kit a while back.

*It's got melotrons too :o