Blunders Light Machine

Started by JimD, April 21, 2012, 12:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimD

About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Mordwin

Damn, he's good! :D Awesome stuff... not that I'll be rushing out to get one any time soon :shock: somewhat eyewatering price, but I guess for that much awesomeness... I wonder if you get a free Blunders with every purchase? :D

E.S.

Blunders always manages to do the "now he's lost count... no wait, he's still on!" Confusing the rest of us primitive thinking folks. :D

Pedro

Quote from: "E.S."Blunders always manages to do the "now he's lost count... no wait, he's still on!" Confusing the rest of us primitive thinking folks. :D
Yes, it's a peculiar thing that...sometimes it sounds right and other times it can jar a bit....bang on in terms of fitting together, just not easy to listen to sometimes.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

El_Mayonnaise

Maybe he did lose the beat....

...just not the beat we were thinking of  :shock:

Mikey

I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "E.S."Blunders always manages to do the "now he's lost count... no wait, he's still on!" Confusing the rest of us primitive thinking folks. :D
Yes, it's a peculiar thing that...sometimes it sounds right and other times it can jar a bit....bang on in terms of fitting together, just not easy to listen to sometimes.

If you go back to one of the earlier threads, I raised this issue and Craig said it was all entirely deliberate. Which I'm absolutely sure it is; he's a talented bugger  ;)

Pedro

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Pedro"

If you go back to one of the earlier threads, I raised this issue and Craig said it was all entirely deliberate. Which I'm absolutely sure it is; he's a talented bugger  ;)
Oh absolutely. Not suggesting it is not deliberate, just saying that sometimes it hits you as "wow, that's clever", then other times it is more "huh? (rewind) jeez, that's clever".
I prefer the first one. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

EvilDragon

Indeed he was "out" too long to be considered an intentional going out of beat. He lost it at that moment, IMHO :D And if it was intentional, it definitely didn't sound good to me in that context...

A talented drummer otherwise :)

JimD

It'd be interesting to see Mr Blundell do a drum workout to King Crimson's Frame By Frame - lots of interweaving time things going on there with the main riff.  It could be done in Somerset too and then it could be Frome by Frome...(groan)  :lol:
About Me

JimD

Just got my latest Andertons email and here is Craig playing a different kit - the HD-3

http://youtu.be/h9C_jYFNKCM

The play-along track at the end sounds more like Dr Oktopus(? - what's the track if you are reading this Craig?) than Frost* - starts at about 13:18.  Shows what fun live drumming can be to electronics though!
About Me

E.S.

I'm hoping for some BLM and a proper jazz demonstration when he comes to do a clinic here in Oslo early next month. :D

Mikey

Quote from: "E.S."I'm hoping for some BLM and a proper jazz demonstration when he comes to do a clinic here in Oslo early next month. :D

Yesssss, someone going to Oslo  ;)
I used to have a signature