Main Menu

Jem's Interface

Started by Slntpsych1, November 29, 2008, 04:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"It was a small but heated affair (soldering a surface mount inductor with a soldering iron tip the size of Norway!).
The TD12 is fine and says "Hi" (it also says "Hat") and the AX3000G now says "Thanks awfully for saving my life but can't you find someone that can play that thing properly!".  ;)
:lol:
You're a guy "to large to handle". In many ways it seems.  :shock:

So! Did your write and record some music yet?

Pedro

Nothing of worth, sadly....but I haven't spent *that* much time on it really. I hope to get a bit more serious with it in the New Year - maybe the remix material for EIMA will spark another flurry of activity?

I tend to noodle a bit while on the forums but I've been otherwise occupied recently.
How are things in the GhostCircus world?  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"Nothing of worth, sadly....but I haven't spent *that* much time on it really. I hope to get a bit more serious with it in the New Year - maybe the remix material for EIMA will spark another flurry of activity?
OH yes, I hope that'll happen next year. Really looking forward that that myself.  :)

QuoteHow are things in the GhostCircus world?  :)
We have about 6 to 8 songs lined up for GCIII. But we're taking a break from it for now since we basically been doing this (writing, recording, mixing, mastering promoting etc etc.) for more then 4 years in a row. So we spend some time on our own stuff for a while and pick up somewhere in Q1 of 09.
Is that a 10/4?!  :mrgreen:

Pedro

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "Pedro"Nothing of worth, sadly....but I haven't spent *that* much time on it really. I hope to get a bit more serious with it in the New Year - maybe the remix material for EIMA will spark another flurry of activity?
OH yes, I hope that'll happen next year. Really looking forward that that myself.  :)

QuoteHow are things in the GhostCircus world?  :)
We have about 6 to 8 songs lined up for GCIII. But we're taking a break from it for now since we basically been doing this (writing, recording, mixing, mastering promoting etc etc.) for more then 4 years in a row. So we spend some time on our own stuff for a while and pick up somewhere in Q1 of 09.
Is that a 10/4?!  :mrgreen:
Five by five! :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Slntpsych1

Quote from: "Pedro"I have the Tascam FW1082.
I can't say it's perfect but, for the price, the level of functionality is hard to beat.
It's probably the cost compromises that stop it from being "A1" but it's goos enough for the likes of me.
I think build quality is a recurring theme with Tascam gear (from what I read when researching this purchase) - when you get a good one you'll be quite happy, but you seem to need to be prepared to get it swapped at least once on the way.

I'd like to have gone all MAc and ProTools but the budget wouldn't go there. VAT drops tomorrow here in the UK.  :D

Hope you get sorted.  :)

Yeah, its mainly about cost, same reason why i'm not going with Mac or Pro Tools either.
I'll probably go with the Tascam then, thanks for the help.

I tend to noodle a bit while on the forums but I've been otherwise occupied recently.
How are things in the GhostCircus world?  :)

Ooh, GhostCircus, is that a band of yours, RWA?

What type of stuff do you play?
Same question goes for Pedro.

RWA

Quote from: "Slntpsych1"Ooh, GhostCircus, is that a band of yours, RWA?
What type of stuff do you play?
Check here:
//http://www.ghostcircus.com
//http://www.myspace.com/ghostcircus

And we play.... stuff!  :)

wickedwitch

they arent bad at all! xxx  :twisted: