How Much Hard Disk Space do You Have Free?

Started by tomskerous, November 29, 2008, 07:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnsOnkruid

ABBA is gone, the Vengaboys are back. The vengabus is coming...
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Brom

Quote from: "AnsOnkruid"ABBA is gone, the Vengaboys are back. The vengabus is coming...

All we need now is a conductor.

Fares fair you know.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

tomskerous

The mummies on the bus go swish swish swish
swish swish swish
swish swish swish
Aaaaallll day long.

The daddies on the bus go waa waa waa
waa waa waa
waa waa waa
Aaaallll day long.

Ah. No, it's just my kids that do that then?
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Pedro

Shouldn't we Frost*ies provide Jem with a rendition of "Skiing" at The Peel?  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Big Black Shed

But has Jem found out what chord "Dad likes to ski" is yet.

I know the chorus:

"la la-la la la, la la-la la la, la la, la la, la la"
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Ash

Twinkle Twinkle Chocolate Bar
My dad has a rusty old car
(something something)
Pull out the choke
(something something) off in a puff of smoke
Twinkle Twinke Chocolate Bar

I pay good money for my daughter to learn that at nursery  :?

And yes - Skiing at The Peel please!!!
Ash
xxx

catherine

Quote from: "tomskerous"The mummies on the bus go swish swish swish
swish swish swish
swish swish swish
Aaaaallll day long.

waa waa waa
waa waa waa
Aaaallll day long.

Ah. No, it's just my kids that do that then?

No! Please! My parents were daft enough to give us a nursery rhyme tape with the most ridiculously catchy version of "The Wheels on the Bus" over 13 years ago (when older son was about 8 months old) and it infected my husband and me with the most ghastly earworm - we'd wake up in the night singing "The wheels on the bus go round and round" every night for weeks. We've still not fully recovered. Thanks for reminding me...  :roll:  Shall I see if I can find it for you?  :twisted:

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Sarah"Twinkle Twinkle Chocolate Bar
(something something)
Pull out the choke
(something something) off in a puff of smoke
Twinkle Twinke Chocolate Bar
Pygmy Hippo sang it as:
Turn the key,
Pull the choke,
Off he goes in a cloud of smoke.

But I'm sure there are regional variations.
* May contain nuts.

Ash

Quote from: "RacingHippo"[
Pygmy Hippo sang it as:
Turn the key,
Pull the choke,

Nah - I think that is what she is singing - she mumbles the verses and then yells the chorus
Ash
xxx

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "Sarah"
Quote from: "RacingHippo"[
Pygmy Hippo sang it as:
Turn the key,
Pull the choke,

Nah - I think that is what she is singing - she mumbles the verses and then yells the chorus

Or maybe is that Pigmy Hippo was making up his own lyrics again! :lol:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

johninblack

Billy (pygmy hippo)

Billy, or William Johnson Hippopotamus, (1920s – October 11, 1955[1]) was a Pygmy Hippopotamus given as a pet to U.S. President Calvin Coolidge. Captured in Liberia, he was given to Coolidge by Harvey Firestone in 1927. Billy spent most of his life in the Smithsonian National Zoological Park. In addition to his fame as an exotic presidential pet—which afforded him a trip to the 1939 New York World's Fair—Billy is also notable as the common ancestor to most pygmy hippos in American zoos.[2] By the time of his death in 1955, Billy had sired 23 children; 13 of whom survived at least a year.
In 1927, Harvey Firestone, the founder of the Firestone Tire and Rubber Company, acquired Billy in Liberia, where he was captured on one of Firestone Tires' large plantations.[3] Calvin Coolidge, who was the U.S. President at the time, was known for his collection of animals, including many dogs, birds, a wallaby, lion cubs, a raccoon and other unusual animals.[4] At the time, pygmy hippos were virtually unknown in the United States. On May 26, 1927, Coolidge was informed that he would receive the rare hippo, already adult-sized at 6 feet (1.8 m) long and around 600 pounds (270 kg), as a gift.[5]

In Coolidge's autobiography he wrote about the unusual menagerie he collected and stated that he donated many of these animals, including Billy, to the Smithsonian National Zoological Park.[6] Though Coolidge had a deep fascination with animals, he was overshadowed by Theodore Roosevelt, who was more widely known for and associated with his interest in animals. By August of 1927, Coolidge had sent the second largest collection of animals of any president after Roosevelt to the zoo, and paid them frequent visits.[3] Upon his arrival, Billy was one of the most-valuable animals the zoo had ever received, and was only the eighth pygmy hippopotamus to be brought to the United States. Billy was a popular animal; several months after his arrival, The New York Times wrote Billy was "as frisky as a dog. Even the antics of the monkeys go unobserved when the keeper opens the tiny hippo's cage and cuts up with him.

Such was Billy's popularity in the 1930s that at the end of the decade he traveled to Queens, New York, for the 1939 New York World's Fair, where he appeared in the Firestone exhibit. Billy and Hannah successfully had more children, and because of Billy's worth as a breeding stud, in 1940, Mann traveled to Liberia as part of the Smithsonian-Firestone animal expedition, and acquired a second-mate for Billy, another female who came to be known as Matilda.[11][12]

Between 1931 and 1954, Hannah gave birth to 15 of Billy's children, 7 of whom were reared or lived at least one year. Between 1943 and 1956, Matilda gave birth to 8 of Billy's children, 6 of which were reared.[1] At some point during the 1940s, the press started to refer to Billy as William Johnson Hippopotamus. The zoo developed the tradition of naming all his children Gumdrop, using Roman numerals to distinguish them. By the birth of Gumdrop XVI, the zoo had noticed something curious: of all Billy's children, only one was male.[13] Research would later confirm that pygmy hippos in captivity are far more likely to give birth to females, though not by such an extreme ratio as Billy.[14] Twenty-three years after Coolidge's death (January 5, 1933) Billy himself died on October 11, 1955,[1] five months before the birth of Gumdrop XVIII. "He carried his work on to the end", said a zoo official.[15] Hannah followed Billy in death on March 6, 1958.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"