Big Big Train English Electric Pre order

Started by grif, June 21, 2012, 05:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grif

Pre orders now be taken for the new album.  The preview sounds fantasic.
http://www.bigbigtrain.com/

Pedro

This is an automatic buy for me. Can't wait. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

L33VEY

Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

turbo

Quote from: "Pedro"This is an automatic buy for me. Can't wait. :)

quite right we should all have it on standing debit.
?"By the beard of Zeus"

fitzy

M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

Againesis

Thanks for the heads up.  Automatic purchase after The Underfall Yard which after a years constant abuse I've now pretty much decided is my all time favourite album.

Do we know if there are any guest spots on English Electric?  Jem was surely too busy  :(
There are only 10 types of people]

Pedro

Apart form Nick DV and Dave Gregory, I don't know. I believe the brass band sound will return.
Can't wait for this.  :)

D S

Quote from: "Againesis"Do we know if there are any guest spots on English Electric?  Jem was surely too busy  :(
I'm sure I read somewhere recently (Prog mag perhaps?) that Andy Tillison of the Tangent was the guest artist this time.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

L33VEY

Can't wait for this release?  Then buy the new Prog mag with "Judas Unrepentant" included - takes a few listens......

I did wonder at Celebr8 whether IQ didn't treat us to a preview while they were setting up.
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Againesis

Wow.  It was worth the wait.  They've totally hit the ball out of the park here.  Finished off my first listen while driving to a gig on Saturday night and was getting shivers down my back over and over.  Then I'm embarrased to say I had to pull over during the last 3 or 4 minutes of the last track (Hedgerow) as I ended up in tears.  Never happened to be before - I was just totally overwhelmed by the sound.  It's so British and nostalgic and heartwarming as well as being so damn clever and epic and huge and lovely and impressive and warm and thick and emotive and dramatic and ...well...I can't praise it enough - and I've only listened to it a few times.

It's the sort of thing that you want to play to everyone you know and say "Look....THIS is music.....THIS is what it's all about.  It's not about how you look or what clothes you've got on or who can drop the most consonants or even who can play the most notes and play loudest.  Sit down, shut up, close your eyes and bathe in THIS...".  But then you know that hardly anyone you do play it to will REALLY get it and secretly that's also no bad thing - sometimes things this good you just want to keep secret and to yourself.

It's a joyous thing - one of those incredibly rare and precious things that makes you feel....glad....about...well...sort of....everything.  I would say roll on Part 2 but I'm not sure my poor little brain will cope with it.
There are only 10 types of people]

Pedro

I couldn't agree more. As The Amazing Wilf  says, it is a game-changer.

This has blown album of the year wide open in my opinion and I'm only a couple of listens in so far.
So incredibly well written and put together.
This is going to be another one that won't get out of the CD player for a few weeks. ;)

turbo

Yep its official this album is a corker its just so english, in fact its more english than a really really english thing, uncle jack is a lovely song and boy in the darkness literally gave me goose bumps and dont even get me started on hedgerow.  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Dodie

Worryingly skint at the moment so didn't pre-order, and am now kicking myself. Can't wait to get hold of this asap...

Brom

On the back of all this good press - I'm eagerly awaiting my envelope from Nells!  :)
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333