Clockwork Angels

Started by Rook, June 20, 2012, 05:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

So I got the new Rush album (happy Father's day to me), and... its pretty good. A good heavy rock vibe, but nice to hear the keys again. Thing is...

I have seen rave reviews for this album, like "possibly the best Rush album EVER", and "Right up there with Moving Pictures". Now I admit I have only heard it once, in the car, and I *do* like it, but this seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. But hey, it it has hit number 2 on the billboard charts, so... yay Rush.

/R
(if the tone of this post is a little odd, I am running on a less than optimal amount of sleep)

turbo

Yeah id pretty much agree with that its a very good album but it aint 2112, altough to be fair it is only one numeral out.  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Pedro

Yeah, it's very, very good...but not "brilliant" in my opinion.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mordwin

There's little in the way of "immediate" tracks... but it is an album that you can get more out of with each listen, and one I'm sure I'll still be listening to in years to come. The heavy rock vibe of the early material combined with a modern progressive slant and the whole jam vibe does rather grow on you... under a year to the concert! :P

Pedro

To be fair I have listened to it a whole heck of a lot (car, office and iPod)...and I guess that says something about how much I have liked it....but I think I'm actually a little bored with it now, I've started skipping over tracks to get to the better ones. Prolly time to put the CD away and come back to it in a month or two.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mordwin

Never hurts that... :) And you hear things you missed first time round :)