Main Menu

Spousal Verdict

Started by tomskerous, November 29, 2008, 07:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: "RWA"Oh God this is terrible. It doesn't even have a year on it. This is really cheap stuff. The neighbours gave me a crap load of bottles of all kind of brands from all over the planet which they've been getting as gifts. But they don't like red wine. I do.

Hmmm.

Bottom's up!  :shock:
That would be the paint stripper
I used to have a signature

RacingHippo

Quote from: "El_Presidente"Well sod her, my five year old loves Daddy's loud music and she asks for it every time in the car, so... noblesse oblige.
It is the experience of this household that five-year-olds have better musical taste than wives  :P

To be fair, I've not had a chance to inflict EIMA on her yet. She might like it. Or at least not roll her eyes and make some snide remark about "widdley-widdley music".
* May contain nuts.

Tricky

Quote from: "El_Presidente"...but she did say when hearing Toys for the first time, "Hmmm Manic Street Preachers?"...

I played Toys to a colleague (mid forties, but with 2 young daughters) and over the opening bars he said "High School Musical"
After a bit he said "no, wait, this is good"

Another potential frostie?  :)
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

D S

Toys?  High School Musical?  :shock:
I assume you offered to get his ears syringed?  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

RWA

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "RWA"Oh God this is terrible. It doesn't even have a year on it. This is really cheap stuff. The neighbours gave me a crap load of bottles of all kind of brands from all over the planet which they've been getting as gifts. But they don't like red wine. I do.

Hmmm.

Bottom's up!  :shock:
That would be the paint stripper
NO WAY?!!?!?!  :shock:

Oh well..... bottom's up!!!  :mrgreen:

gjstockham

EIMA finally arrived and put on.  Spousal verdict was:

"I think that's the most offensive music to my eardrums you've ever put on..."

Off for my second listen now, probably with headphones.

Lacklight

Mrs Lacklight is almost as much a fan as I am, so I think they'll be some good discussion this week as we get to hear it both in full for the first time.

catherine

My husband's verdict was "It doesn't sound quite right - is it meant to skip like that?"

That was when I pointed out that our moribund CD player really does need replacing.

Lacklight

Quote from: "catherine"My husband's verdict was "It doesn't sound quite right - is it meant to skip like that?"

That was when I pointed out that our moribund CD player really does need replacing.

Isn't moribund a great word?  :D

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Lacklight"Isn't moribund a great word?  :D
And a burgermeister, to boot.
* May contain nuts.

gr8gonzo

The family got a taste yesterday morning whilst driving to the park.  The intro of DDD made the boy's head spin a bit.  He'd have me play that bit on repeat if he had his way.  Toys got the expected head bob and foot bounce in 15/16.

Wife: I like it.  Need to hear it some more, though. Put some on my iPod for me later.

Son: Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!  AGAIN, Daddy.

Daughter: LOOK!  Birdies!
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

gjstockham

Better than latest reaction to DDD in my house...

Wife: God, what is that!  It's worse than that stuff you had on yesterday.

Me: That *is* the stuff I had on yesterday.

Think I've failed in that conversion.  Now onto the kids...

johninblack

My wife loves it, so does my daughter, not that that will surprise anyone :D  :D  :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Gandalf1986

Now it's time to give you my good prog son perspective! :lol:

My father: quite good!
My mom: this sounds so new!
My sister: stop this shit and let me put on Madonna...
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

tomskerous

Ray of Light or EIMA though? It's a very difficult call...
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!