Main Menu

Mr So&So

Started by Mooncat, June 23, 2012, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

I've recently been metaphorically bumping into this band - ad's at the Robin 2 for a gig, catching up on the Dead Nobodies podcasts, Prog magazine etc - and like what I've heard thus far.  It looks like they have secured some gigs with Marillion too so I'm excited at the prospect of hearing more.
The last band this happened with was Panic Room and that worked out pretty well!!!
Wondered if anyone on here was familiar with them ??
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

Saw them at Summer's End ('09, I think), really enjoyed them and bought "The Overlap" there and then.
They are one of Mr Rothery's "pet" bands (I don't mean that in a nasty way), he supports them and sometimes (I think) guests with them.
Good call. I'd like to see them again.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mooncat

Good stuff Pedro. I'd picked up a few bits from their website that Steve R was somewhat of a mentor to them and clearly champions them where possible. As you say that's not a gripe/snipe - I think there are a few bands who would love to have such an endorsement.

Will see how I'm fixed for the Bilston gig (I think it's a triple header with Also Eden & Crimson Sky)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

MarkOneMusic

They supported The Reasoning at their Christmas gig in Cardiff last year, and I thoroughly enjoyed them.  They are on my list of ''things I really need to buy' which, joyfully goes on getting longer.

It's a good time to like prog... innit?