Night Of The Prog Festival

Started by RWA, July 05, 2012, 03:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

Gotta pack! Leaving tomorrow! :)

Anyone else is going?!

Pedro

John Mitchell is.
Don't break him, we need him on Sunday! ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"John Mitchell is.
Don't break him, we need him on Sunday! ;)
He did well and as far as I could tell he isn't broken.  :)

The main fest for us (me, my wife, my oldest and dearest friend and his wife) was to have a great weekend.
We did!  8-)

Since I'm the only prog head of the bunch I compromised to only go and see the last 3 bands; Arena, Spock's Beard and Saga. The winner hands down was Spock's Beard. Ryo climbed one of his keyboard stand knocking down his Nord synth. Good advertising because the thing still worked afterwords! I have to admit the old stuff (with Neal) is still the best but I enjoyed my arse off with them. Apart from a great performance they always put up a great show. Arena was solid all though the keyboard kinda drowned in the overall sound. I have to say their music is starting to bore me a bit since it's been basically the same these last 15 years. Saga was rock solid and tight as hell but it's all a bit to slick for me. Nevertheless, SB delivered big time and I has a great weekend!  :)

Perhaps the funniest part of the weekend was the grouchy hotel owner. It was like Falty Towers in German. On Saturday he closed the bar and restaurant at 8 pm to change into his Hawaii shirt to go out. He sure as hell doesn't like Dutch people!  :lol:

Pedro

Thanks Ron. :)

He arrived slightly knackered but still played a belter....once he'd plugged everything in properly (after the third song or so).

I hear what you say about Arena, they are firmly in the same boat as IQ in terms of output..."here's some more of the stuff you all love"...and I do love "Degrees"...but it is not that different from what came before. As I keep saying about this approach, there is nothing wrong with it, but it does test the attention span of folks who want variation.

I don't suppose there is any chance of you getting over here for December 16th?

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"Thanks Ron. :)

He arrived slightly knackered but still played a belter....once he'd plugged everything in properly (after the third song or so).

I hear what you say about Arena, they are firmly in the same boat as IQ in terms of output..."here's some more of the stuff you all love"...and I do love "Degrees"...but it is not that different from what came before. As I keep saying about this approach, there is nothing wrong with it, but it does test the attention span of folks who want variation.

I don't suppose there is any chance of you getting over here for December 16th?
What's Dec 16th?! I've been out of the loop for a while....  :)

RWA

Oh wait, just found out...
Frost*/Bites?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Bleeding hell.  :o  :shock:
The thing is, the singer of my new band lives in London and I'm trying to find an excuse to visit. I might just have found it!  :mrgreen:

RWA

Excuse to make this trip are 100% accepted. I'll be there Pedro!  :mrgreen:

Pedro