Frost*Bites 16th December 2012

Started by Nellie, July 09, 2012, 07:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

Quote from: "Brom"
Quote from: "RWA"You had to tick the box that explained that during purchase..... it was rather hard to miss me thinks.  ;)

I was one of the first wave who got them through the Merch Desk - so the only box I ticked was Nellies! ... errrmm.  :oops:

It was a curious peep at The Scala page gave me the +18 info.
Ah, that explains it then. I ordered on the venue's website which is very clear about it.  :)

Quote from: "RWA"Probably fat guys with man boobs.... but topless nevertheless.  :?

And that's just the band!!!  :lol:
:o  :shock:

Twang

Hi all,

A few things about the show. :D

On line tickets are available here at £20 (subject to booking fee)

http://www.scala-london.co.uk/scala/event.php?id=1902

Or you can pick them up from the Scala box office in person 10am - 6pm  (No Booking Fee if you get them from the Box Office. in person  This show is sponsored by Prog Magazine!

Although the Scala is an 18+ venue, if you personally contact the venue they will use their discretion. I am NOT allowed to advertise this so, please, please do not go overboard. It is the law and not the venue that make these rules. The lovely people at the venue informed me of this at the meeting yesterday. I know we are only talking about a small amount of under 18's.

It is up to the venue, not me. Too many will result in me getting into a heap of legal trouble & the last thing I want to do is upset anyone. I need to work again. :D

Thank you all xxxxx

Twang

Quote from: "Pedro"I think we are talking around 100, most of which will have gone at Celebr8.
The Scala claims to have a capacity of 1,145, so I imagine there will be a good opportunity to get tix when Ticketweb get their sh-tuff together.

The Scala holds 800 people. That's official from the meeting I had with them. only 700 to go. :D  :D

Well done by the way, the Scala were very impressed that the phone started ringing before we'd even got the contracts signed. :D

Twang

Ash

Ash
xxx

catherine

You can tell she's an accountant, can't you?  :D

Pedro

Quote from: "catherine"You can tell she's an accountant, can't you?  :D
:D  :D  :D

Re: Capacity their website must be wwong, but that's fine by me. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mooncat

QuoteRe: Capacity their website must be wwong, but that's fine by me

Or more likely that could be the maximum capacity/fire reg's version. Quite a few venues have a maximum capacity that is more than the number of tickets they sell, to account for their own staff, security etc and also depending on the type of event being staged - i.e. a club/disco night needs less in the way of floor space for the sound man/PA etc than a regualr gig. And it might also mean that they need additional staff/security etc for the full capacity, so they've played it cautious and only put an initial amount on sale to see how it sells, based on the recent IB tour and Twang's experience.
You also need to factor in the number of guest/press etc tickets, and also it may be that 800 is a more 'comfortable' number of people in the venue.
All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if, once the 800 are sold, a few more become available 'due to public demand' (Although I am in no way ITK on this, pure speculation on my part)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Brom

Quote from: "Twang"Although the Scala is an 18+ venue, if you personally contact the venue they will use their discretion. I am NOT allowed to advertise this so, please, please do not go overboard. It is the law and not the venue that make these rules. The lovely people at the venue informed me of this at the meeting yesterday. I know we are only talking about a small amount of under 18's.

It is up to the venue, not me. Too many will result in me getting into a heap of legal trouble & the last thing I want to do is upset anyone. I need to work again. :D

Awww, cheers mate! REALLY appreciate you finding this out. I may do as you suggest and contact the venue to see what they say, however, if there is any element of doubt re. +16 admission I would probably not chance it in case it all went pear shaped at the door, plus of course no one wants the name of Twang to be hauled up for questioning!

Thanks again for everything!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Twang

Quote from: "Ash"blimey - what only 300 left?

No 500 to go :D probably less now :D  :D

Twang

Quote from: "Twang"Although the Scala is an 18+ venue, if you personally contact the venue they will use their discretion. I am NOT allowed to advertise this so, please, please do not go overboard. It is the law and not the venue that make these rules. The lovely people at the venue informed me of this at the meeting yesterday. I know we are only talking about a small amount of under 18's.

Awww, cheers mate! REALLY appreciate you finding this out. I may do as you suggest and contact the venue to see what they say, however, if there is any element of doubt re. +16 admission I would probably not chance it in case it all went pear shaped at the door, plus of course no one wants the name of Twang to be hauled up for questioning!

Thanks again for everything!  :D

Do give them a bell.

Mikey

Quote from: "RWA"I guess prizes are steep also because it's one week before Christmas.
Don't forget it's Olympic year  :(  :(  :(
I used to have a signature

Ash

Quote from: "catherine"You can tell she's an accountant, can't you?  :D

:D

As I say when people look at me to sort the bill out, I don't do maths!  I need a spreadsheet to do complicated sums like 800-300...
Ash
xxx

Ash

Quote from: "Brom"plus of course no one wants the name of Twang to be hauled up for questioning!

Just blame Twitch!
Ash
xxx

Twang

Quote from: "Ash"
Quote from: "Brom"plus of course no one wants the name of Twang to be hauled up for questioning!

Just blame Twitch!

Shut it Ashley!! :D  

I do in fact have a knew nick name given to me by a couple of gorgeous young ladies who want to cast me in a period drama.

They have named me Sir Jonathan Twangage.  :D