Main Menu

Roland TD20

Started by RWA, July 28, 2012, 01:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

After lurking for about .... 8 years or so.... I finally upgrade from a modest TD6.... to a TD20!

Still need to configure it and hook it up properly to ToonTrack SD2 but BOY is this fun!  :mrgreen:

Pedro

Nice!!
With the kind of playing you've been getting out of the old stuff, I really look forward to the outcome of this development.
Happy hitting. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"Nice!!
With the kind of playing you've been getting out of the old stuff, I really look forward to the outcome of this development.
Happy hitting. :)
Thanks! Yes, the specs of this kit are so much more sophisticated. Every spot on the snare drum provides a slightly different sound like a real snare does. Toontrack Superior Drummer has samples on board for all that. So it brings everything alive much better.  :)

RWA

Daniel (my son.. who's also a drummer) and I discussed this option numerous times. It seems to fit!  :mrgreen:

D S

Have a paradiddle while you widdle... 'Drum throne' takes on a completely new meaning!  :D
Come on, you\'re a lion!

E.S.

Perfect for adding a drum fill after the funniest bathroom noises. :D

fitzy

Quote from: "D S"Have a paradiddle while you widdle... 'Drum throne' takes on a completely new meaning!  :D
Ha!Ha!I have a TD-12,and would respectfully suggest to the boffins at Roland,that the lumbar support afforded by the toilet cistern would be a valuable addition to any new kits in future catalogues. ;)
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

Pedro

There's a sh..ed-load of dodgy puns in there about rim-shots, midi-dumps, side-chaining, splash cymbals, etc. etc.
I shall pass...
:)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

E.S.

Don't hold it in, Pedders. :D

Rook

I thought of a joke, but it was pretty crap.

RacingHippo

I hope he doesn't have trouble with his sticking.

Meanwhile: Ron - I hate you. WANT!!!!
* May contain nuts.

RWA

Quote from: "RacingHippo"I
Meanwhile: Ron - I hate you. WANT!!!!
I hate you too!!!! Come over and GET if you dare!  :lol:

owen

More worrying is the fact that no one on the forum has questioned the fact that you have a camera nailed to your ceiling. :o  Or are you Spiderman in disguise? Nice kit Btw :D

johninblack

Quote from: "owen"More worrying is the fact that no one on the forum has questioned the fact that you have a camera nailed to your ceiling.

Hasn't everyone? Lol.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Drarok

Tsk, upgraded to a new kit but forgotten the basics.

The hi-hats go on the left! ;)