ROLAND INTEGRA 7

Started by sawtooth, August 31, 2012, 10:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

Mmmmm
Looks vaguely like a crossbreed of a Fantom X and a Jupe 80. Could be a cheap way of getting all 12 SRX expansions possibly....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AowGClPD ... e=youtu.be

E.S.

That's a lot of sound in one box. :)

owen

It can't be any good: even with an iPad there's no sign of Rudess pimping it, yet :lol:

Rook

Quote from: "owen"It can't be any good: even with an iPad there's no sign of Rudess pimping it, yet :lol:

I guarantee he has one already. Probably free. Its good to be the king.

Looks like it will be around $2000USD street. Boo. Would be interested in a box of 10 year old sounds at around $1000

Korg's website has a notice about a "major announcement" in a few days on livestream...

Trapezium Artist

When I saw the on-module screen interface, I seriously questioned whether we are actually living in the 21st century. Is it really plausible that Roland would use such a low-res, lame LCD screen in 2012?

OK, the separate iPad app brings it up-to-date, but ...

D S

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"When I saw the on-module screen interface, I seriously questioned whether we are actually living in the 21st century. Is it really plausible that Roland would use such a low-res, lame LCD screen in 2012?
Oh, I'm sure they're just being retro...  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

E.S.

They managed to get a huge lovely screen on the V-synth XT, but not this one? That's a bit weird.

owen

They've also released 2 MIDI controllers, one with 88 keys. The best bit is at the end when they claim to be able to connect to an iPad. It did make me think "what?" sticking a massive big thing into something so smal but whatever...

Quote from: "Rook"Korg's website has a notice about a "major announcement" in a few days on livestream...

"Would Mr Godfrey please report to the briefing room..."
Unless they're releasing his next vid oof the Kronos!
I think Jem should do a Frost report at the same time as the official Korg stuff so we can see the bits that didn't make the cut!

Rook

What it really needs is a VSTI (etc) plugin to control it from within a DAW like the Access Virus or (I think) the Kronos. Hopefully the IPad connection can also be used in this way. But wow... it had better be cheap...

MarkOneMusic

There's a lot of talk on one of the Fantom G forums that the Integra is gonna spell the end of the FG.

Basically it's everything people were wishing for in the ARX expansion concept, and some people held out hope that the RolandConnect teaser that was floating around for the Integra would be the long hoped for 'All SRX on one board' product for the Fantom.

I still love my Fantom, it is such a brilliant performance synth, but the little niggles like no SuperNatural Paino, no dedicated tonewheel mode (and really lame hammonds in the sample set) the loss of support for the ARX expansion format and no SRX option, and in Live mode a lame FX structure that won't let you chain 2 effects serially, (and to rub salt into the wounds the V2.0 of the Jupiter 80 OS added just that) still get me riled on occasion.

MarkOneMusic

Quote from: "Rook"What it really needs is a VSTI (etc) plugin to control it from within a DAW like the Access Virus or (I think) the Kronos. Hopefully the IPad connection can also be used in this way. But wow... it had better be cheap...

Yes.  The rather silly plug-in that comes with the Fantom G is a plug-in that can manage the user interface on the board but can't play any notes... How stupid is that?

EvilDragon

Quote from: "sawtooth"Could be a cheap way of getting all 12 SRX expansions possibly....

...but only 4 available at the same time. Typical Roland "doh" moment.  :lol:

sawtooth

I'm not one for liking synth's onboard demos as actual pieces of music, but on Roland's Integra 7 page,

http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1245/462

on the Audio tab there's a track called 'Big Bats' at the top. Very Rudess/Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment inspired. Knocked my socks off it did.

D S

That's impressively proggy for a demo track!  :shock:
Roland are obviously trying to woo Jem away from Korg back to them...  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!