Main Menu

So...

Started by Jem, August 08, 2012, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Hello all!

Right... finally back from the G3 thing. Huge gigs, great fun. Am now proud to count Steve Morse and Dave LaRue as my friends, indeed  I shall be going to the Flying Colours gig in London in Sept to catch up with them so I'll no doubt see some of you there?

Mr Vai was a gentleman. Playing "For The Love Of God" in the grounds of a 14th century Italian castle on a summer's evening just as the sun was setting is a memory I shall take with me to my grave. It was awesome.

Satch was, as last time, both a joy to work with and an inspiration. He also had me in stitches regularly. He was intrigued by Frost, mainly as a result of watching a few of the Frost Reports and that he completely got the humour and then built on it with a variety of glorious (but sadly unrepeatable) ideas for the future of the band, I think, speaks volumes. He's completely aces.

All the members of the G3 bands - Dave W, Eric Valentine, Phil Bynoe, Allen Whitman, Jeff C, Drew, (PLUS the fabulous crew who bust their arses night after night on our behalf) were also fantastic company and very welcoming to the Brit with no track record on the road. It was a very happy tour throughout and that I both miss it and and am glad to be home in equal measure I think is the perfect result.

However, that's in the past now and we've got the Frost*Bites gig to sort out plus finally finally getting cracking on F***. It's our turn now!!  :D  :D

Jemx

Trapezium Artist

Well sir, sounds like your summer hols went well  ;)  Excellent news ... (that you're back and ready to F***  :lol: )

Pedro

Jeez, it's the gaffer, better whiz round with the Hoover then. ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Rook

Good to have you back, guv. Looking forward to F***

Mordwin

Great to hear the little Euro jaunt went well, and very nice to have you back too! But, of course, F*** progress is the best news of all! Crack on there old bean!

Andy P

Glad you enjoyed yourself, looking forward to Frost*Bites and F***!

Bert

Awesome. Looked like you were having fun. How cool would a Morse/Satch/Vai guest spot on F*** be ?   :D
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

D S

Good to hear it went so well and you're back in one piece.  If these guys can't help inspire you for F***, no-one can!

@ Bert - I'd had the same thought but rather disregarded the possibility after the previous blog comments:-
"And no, that doesn't include sneakily recording Joe or the Steves while they're soundchecking I'm afraid. I've seen their lawyer, he can crush a Coke can using just his mind."
Still, they might be willing to contribute officially. Would be great and would help sell some extra copies to a non-Frost* audience too...  8-)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"better whiz round with the Hoover then. ;)
Never mind the Hoover, who's scoffed all the biccies?

(probably me, I'll get some in)

Good news all round boss  :D  :D
I used to have a signature

owen

Did you do much sampling? Not those 3 obviously but pigeons in Rome or something? Does JM know he's got to up his game :D  :D

Ps loved the radio 2 stuff you did.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "owen"Did you do much sampling? Not those 3 obviously but pigeons in Rome or something? Does JM know he's got to up his game :D  :D

Yes, sure it has been covered elsewhere on the forum, but I've just enjoyed looking at the BBC's blog on this and watching the short film on the new jingles at:

//http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radio/posts/New-Jingles-for-BBC-Radio-2

Good to see Craig on many occasions and The Boss making a brief appearance near the end  8-) A thoroughly professional job well done, even if (or perhaps because) there's precious little Godfreyness/Frost*iness sneaking in.

The only moment where the latter threatened to burst out was in the "Pop Master" one at 02:09-02:26, although I suspect that owes as much to Jem's love of Doctor Who as anything else: very Murray Gold-ish and none the worse for it  ;)

turbo

great to have you back where you belong jem (frosting it up in the cube) see you at frostbites and hope to see you at the flying colours gig.
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Mikey

I wonder where Jem could have honed his orchestrational skills  ;)

Newbies might what to delve & then PM

Clue
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "owen"Did you do much sampling? Not those 3 obviously but pigeons in Rome or something? Does JM know he's got to up his game :D  :D

Yes, sure it has been covered elsewhere on the forum, but I've just enjoyed looking at the BBC's blog on this and watching the short film on the new jingles at:

//http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radio/posts/New-Jingles-for-BBC-Radio-2

Good to see Craig on many occasions and The Boss making a brief appearance near the end  8-) A thoroughly professional job well done, even if (or perhaps because) there's precious little Godfreyness/Frost*iness sneaking in.

The only moment where the latter threatened to burst out was in the "Pop Master" one at 02:09-02:26, although I suspect that owes as much to Jem's love of Doctor Who as anything else: very Murray Gold-ish and none the worse for it  ;)

I'm such a nerd, I listened to the whole of the Earshot audio review of the new jingles and swear that Jem is singing on some of them. Tiny sparkles of Frost* in the mix, most definitely ...  ;)

gr8gonzo

Very good to see you here, Sir. Glad to hear G3 went well. <insert something madly witty here to maintain (establish?) my forum cred>
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around