Main Menu

Kurzweil K2661

Started by Rook, August 24, 2012, 02:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook

So... I just picked one up for a great price. It was a bit of an impulse buy, but the price was pretty darn nice, and the wife said "I think you should" (to my pleasant surprise). I know Jem isn't really a Kurzweil fan, but I seem to remember a few Kurz users here on this forum (Espen? Evil Dragon?). I have an old K2000R that I never use but haven't moved on because I'd always *like* to use it more as it has some nice sounds. I figure I have that covered now so I can get rid of the rack. Well, thats how I am justifying it to myself :)

Nothing important; just felt happy and wanted to share :)

/R

Pedro

I'm happy that you are happy. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

EvilDragon

Rook

Thanks guys. Evil Dragon, I have just been looking at your posts on another forum regarding your pitch wheel. Seems mine is similar - it returns to zero plus or minus about 40 cents (or more on the big octave patches). Maybe just dust, but I'm a little nervy now...

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"I'm happy that you are happy. :)
I'm happy that Pedro's happy that you're happy
I used to have a signature

EvilDragon

Quote from: "Rook"Thanks guys. Evil Dragon, I have just been looking at your posts on another forum regarding your pitch wheel. Seems mine is similar - it returns to zero plus or minus about 40 cents (or more on the big octave patches). Maybe just dust, but I'm a little nervy now...

Maybe it's dust, but safest way of dealing with this is replacing the potentiometer. Contact Kurzweil support. ;)

E.S.

Congrats! :D

I'm not really a K user, but I have a 2500R, and I only use it for that piano sound whenever I need something to cut through the most evil walls of sound, or whenever there's a bit of nostalgia. Those ol Rudess sounds etc...

Rook

I cracked it open, and it seems that the problem is a simple mechanical issue. The pitch wheel was cracked and so didn't grab the pot shaft quite tightly enough. Well, thats how it seems anyway - should be a cheap and simple enough fix.

sawtooth

Mikey

Quote from: "Rook"The pitch wheel was cracked and so didn't grab the pot shaft quite tightly enough.
:?  Are we still talking keyboards ????
I used to have a signature

E.S.

Were we ever talking keyboards?

EvilDragon

Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "Rook"The pitch wheel was cracked and so didn't grab the pot shaft quite tightly enough.

Rook

All I knows is that that pot makes the keyboard more fun to play 8}

johninblack

Quote from: "Rook"
All I knows is that that pot makes the keyboard more fun to play 8}
Really wouldn't do to confuse your pots, could lead to all sorts of problems :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"