Midi controller for iPad

Started by owen, September 13, 2012, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owen

Right, to take this section down a notch or a few this is not about the latest Korg/Roland etc. I dusted down my Yamaha E403 (which, to my knowledge has never been sold at Toys'R'Us, although it's little brother the 303 has) yet again, in an attempt to learn to play a keyboard of some discription. While searching for the power bit I found something marked USB and wondered what it was for.  Turns out it's for MIDI. I plugged my iPad in through the camera kit and now I've got a proper synth! Much easier for my chunky fingers to play. I can even assign splits and some functions to the 2 knobs! Big time chuffed.

All I've got to do now is learn how to do adjust this split thingy. Oh and learn to play it :roll: Still happy days :D  :D

Rook

Awesome! Ya know, if you think about it... if you took your new rig back in time 40 years to 1972 it would have blown people's minds. It would have been all over albums like Close to the Edge. We really do live in the future; I was just confused by the lack of jetpacks.

If you come up with any nice sounds or melodies, please consider them for the Friends of Frost song :)

owen

Um...it took me 3 years to find the MIDI connector so I think recording may be a while,yet! Still, you're right. All I need is Jem's Pocket Sun and I'll flog the Yamaha to old Wakey for a fortune, put a few bets on and I'm set up for life :D