Galahad - Battle Scars

Started by johninblack, September 27, 2012, 08:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

This rather took me by surprise, I like Galahad so I expected to like it but by Jove they've gone and really pulled a right good 'n out of the bag. I'm very, very impressed with it, any other opinions out there?
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Yes, I'll raise a hand here. I bought this at Celebr8.1
It very much carries on where Empires Never Last left of...musically and thematically ("you thought you'd beaten us but we'll get revenge").
A little repetitive, lyrically, at times....why write 4 different lines of words when you can repeat the same line four times (which actually contains the same two words repeated three times)?
I like it...I think ENL was better, but I like it.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Ash

It's a cracking album, which as much as I have a fondness for Galahad, it is not something I normally say about Galahad.  See them at the Mark Spencer day.  I mean proguphoria.
Ash
xxx

Ash

My husband had somehow not heard this before we went to Proguphoria.  His reaction to Battle Scars was 'What's happened to Galahad? That was great, it reminded me of Muse.  When Muse were good'
Ash
xxx

johninblack

Quote from: "Ash"My husband had somehow not heard this before we went to Proguphoria.  His reaction to Battle Scars was 'What's happened to Galahad? That was great, it reminded me of Muse.  When Muse were good'
To me Galahad are sounding like they've taken the very best of Muse and I.Q. then added one or two other influences plus a good dollop of themselves and produced a cracker of an album.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"