Dude, you seriously need to update your tone bank!

Started by other, November 30, 2008, 10:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

other

My gear is a Casio CT-680 and a 486sx running SP Pro.  I think it it time to upgrade. Or as everyone used to say to me ten years ago, "Dude, you seriously need to update your tone bank!"

Oh yeah, I also have a Drum Rocker for the XBox 360, a FX-1 effect processor, and M-Audio 2496 around.

The main thing I want is keyboard sequencing sort of stuff, but I also like to add in vocals and electronic drums shortly.

I had a dualboot PC/Ubuntu machine ready for the project, but it's bricked.  My current thinking is a Mac with Cubase4.  A Mac Pro may be overkill, but I don't want to end up with something insufficient either.  The 2496 card could come in handy at first, but I'll probably switch to a USB interface once I starting getting more equipment.  A new keyboard will probably be next, followed by a drum brain (DM5 or IO Trigger) and some mics.

Any tips?

tomskerous

I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Big Black Shed

It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

EVP

You should consider Logic if you are going Mac. That's not to say that Cubase sucks
by any means(I'm only familiar with SX3 on PC) I think you may find Logic better suited
and optimized for the machine you're going to buy.  Not to mention for the price you
pay you get a ton of stuff bundled with it.

You could always try Logic Express 8 and upgrade to Pro and LE 8 has about 90%
of the functionality. Either way which ever app you go with I think going to a Mac
is a wise choice. well at least it was for me anyway ;)

other

Quote from: "EVP"You should consider Logic if you are going Mac.

That might be a good place to start off with.  Thanks.