Andy Edwards plays drums on new Magenta album!!

Started by Pedro, October 14, 2012, 03:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Now it can be said!!

Rob has now revealed that the lustrous Andy Edwards has recorded all the drum parts for the next Magenta album.  :D

Rob says: "His playing on the album is frightening, it is absolutely frightening...he hasn't played on a record for quite a long time...he was like a kid in a candy shop, we were both smiling non-stop, he could do whatever he wanted on there...we spent three days in Rockfield recording the drums and it's just magical playing...it just transforms the tracks and it sounds absolutely stunning...it's so over the top in parts. He had a great time, he's a great player."
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

L33VEY

Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Mordwin

This should be interesting! Nice to see TBE having a spot of recorded fun :)

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

fitzy

"His playing on the album is frightening, it is absolutely frightening...he hasn't played on a record for quite a long time...he was like a kid in a candy shop, we were both smiling non-stop, he could do whatever he wanted on there...we spent three days in Rockfield recording the drums and it's just magical playing..."

Definitely going to make this my 1st.Magenta experience... ;)
M,lady....please come down off that roof!!

E.S.

Schweet! :D One of the best drummers I ever heard.

Trapezium Artist

Well, well; something to look forward to indeed.

johninblack

Feel sorry for whoever will be expected to attempt to replicate it for live shows.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

That will most probably be the mighty Steve Roberts (of Godsticks) who is no slouch on the sticks either...he'll do fine. :)

Mikey

Quote from: "E.S."Schweet! :D One of the best drummers I ever heard.
Secondedededed
I used to have a signature

Mooncat

Interested to hear what this sounds like - as Andy mentioned that he'd done the drums some new Magenta recordings back in May at the Jobeky Uk Custom drum fair in Stafford(Blunders was also performing). Andy played a great set, using an all electronic setup (a Jobeky Custom ekit with a 2box module and Zildjian's Gen 16 cymbals) - he inferred there that he'd recorded the drums using this gear and that the results had been 'as good as an acoustic kit.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

I'm not sure that anything Jobeky was used for the Magenta session at Rockfield (I've seen/heard a tiny bit) but it does look like extremely capable gear.

Mooncat

Maybe he just talking did some demo versions using the Jobeky kit ?
To my mine, you don't go somewhere like Rockfield to record and then use electronic drums - you can obviously record them anywhere as the room doesn't affect the sound ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro