Main Menu

Dear Frost*

Started by Dr.Ripper, December 01, 2008, 06:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Ripper

This may have been addressed before, but what's the deal with the frost*erisk?! Trying to be different?

I for one think it's awesome.
whut

gr8gonzo

I agree.  Although print media often disregard it, I think it's a nice way to differentiate themselves from all of the other Frosts out there (the admins at last.fm might disagree with that, though - they seem to love having multiple bands with the same name and no way of separating them).

Such strategies don't always work, as was the case with other acts such as Led Zeppelin# and, of course, The Beatles%.

I think it's brilliant, actually.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Twang

Quote from: "Dr.Ripper"This may have been addressed before, but what's the deal with the frost*erisk?! Trying to be different?

I for one think it's awesome.

I have a feeling it's to ensure people don't think it's the Death Metal band of the same name.

Cptncanary

Anyone remember Freur, from the early 80s? They came up with that name, after using a swiggle as their moniker to start with  :lol:  :lol:

J Jonah Jameson

Don't know where the premise came from, but it sure differentiates us!  It's a classic symbol - if you know what it is, you're in the know, if not and you see it you might like it, you might be intrigued....

Tricky

* sure plays hell in searches  :roll:
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

Sean

Quote from: "Tricky"* sure plays hell in searches  :roll:

Isn't that the truth. But I still like the Frost*irk a whole lot, it looks great on my car. And soon I'm getting a larger on put on the back of my car. For all to see :mrgreen:
[size=150]Carpe Diem[/size]

Wickerman

It's a great logo... I've had quite a few people ask me about it, so it does get people intrigued.

Sean, your avatar is AMAZING!!  Where'd you find it?

Geddy Lee

I had something of an arguement with a guy at work about the Frosterisk. He asked me if I liked the Red Hot Chilli Peppers 'cos that was THEIR symbol. When I explained that, no, it wasn't the Chillis logo he said that obviously Frost had stolen it from the Chillis then. So I would sumise and say I wonder just how many other people out there think the same when they see the FROSTERISK?

Here is the Chillis logo

Some people just can't count me-thinks!
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

gr8gonzo

Well, then, the RHCP clearly stole their logo from this guy:

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Fogeyspasm

The chilli's logo is nothing like the Frost* one.
Wheres the drip?
Or is he in the band? ;)
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!