My gear setup in 1997

Started by JimD, November 04, 2012, 01:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimD

Hello

Just unearthed this video of me playing with my electronic music gear in 1997.  I don't expect the music will be of much interest to the Frosties* but the gear might.  The camerawork is pretty shonky though.

http://youtu.be/7U1R5Fphl24

To quote from the YT video page

QuoteA Yamaha TQ5 is the master sequencer and sound source and goes direct in stereo into the Tandy mixer. The TQ5 provides midi clock and sync out to a Boss Dr550 drum machine, which is in pattern play mode (so I change the patterns manually using the keypad) and is running into the Yamaha REX-50 which is set on a compression patch; this then runs in stereo into the Tandy mixer. The TQ5 is also providing midi-note information on channel 1 to the Freebass FB383 which is an analogue 303 synth clone. This is running into a Boss DM3 analogue delay pedal (with the pedal removed for easier access to the switch) and then into a Marshall Guv'nor, running in mono into the mixer on a mic channel...

Hope you dig it!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

johninblack

My gear setup for '97 was the same as ''87. it was also the same in'07. In 2011 it changed very, very slightly. :mrgreen: :twisted:  :mrgreen:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mikey

At least you had some gear and you could play it
I used to have a signature

Mikey

At least you had some gear and you could play it
I used to have a signature

JimD

QuoteMy gear setup for '97 was the same as ''87. it was also the same in'07. In 2011 it changed very, very slightly.

In '87 my gear was my Antoria Les Paul copy.  In '07 it was a computer. Somehow now in 2012 I have amassed all of it and am wondering exactly what to do with it!  :roll:
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!