Darwins Radio - now with added video montage from The Peel

Started by Geddy Lee, December 01, 2008, 08:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

Quote from: "catherine"Mine's not come yet! But I am hoping it will arrive tomorrow.
There's something hugely ironic and unfair about that!  :?
Yes, got my copy today and am giving it a first play right now.
First impressions?  Well, I loved Eyes of the World but this is simply light years ahead in every respect.  Despite some strong competition, this is already a contender for my album of the year. PT's The Incident is going to have to be some album to beat this!
Big thumbs up to Dec and the others for this.  :D

PS - I think Dec's admiration for Dream Theater is showing a little more than on the last album but in a good way!
Come on, you\'re a lion!

catherine

I'd have to agree with you there, DS.

It's not a disaster that I haven't got my "official" copy yet although I am really looking forward to it. I first heard the tracks on this album a couple of months back and was mightily impressed. I've listened to it many times since then and all I can say is that it's grown on me!

There are many times when I catch myself with a tune going around my head and I stop and think "What's that?" - and very often these days it seems to be something from Template for a Generation. Most recently it was with the intro of Breathe It In. But many parts of this new album are vicious and deadly earworms!

Fogeyspasm

Got my copy this morning. Just had chance to listen to it.
I love it! :D  :D  :D  :D
Lots of lovely textures and atmospheres. Reminded me in places of Wind and Wuthering era Genesis, which is a good thing in my opinion.
Can't wait to give it another listen.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

littletog

Quote from: "Fogeyspasm"Got my copy this morning. Just had chance to listen to it.
I love it! :D  :D  :D  :D
Lots of lovely textures and atmospheres. Reminded me in places of Wind and Wuthering era Genesis, which is a good thing in my opinion.
Can't wait to give it another listen.

Mucho agreement. Superb stuff. I hear a combination of Dream Theater and Frost* and that has to be a winner!

Just one gripe - it's waaaay too short!! 44 minutes in this day and age?? A 25-minute epic would just have rounded it off nicely!

(Everything is never enough)
I can see the madness perfectly from here

turbo

totally agree about it being too short but i suppose that's a sign of it being a good album leaving you wanting more  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

namister

One fantastic album, bit short but hey, QUALITY is the name of the day :)

Philip_T

gr8gonzo

Received my copy today here in sunny Florida, USA.  Haven't given it a proper listen yet, I'm just pleased to report that it's arrived.  8-)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Yay! Right, set aside 45 minutes, get headphones and a few cold ones, send all those bikini-clad girls away (just for now) and let it take you away...
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JONRES

Just got the album earlier in the week, and haven't stopped listening to it - parts of it just won't leave my head.

Great album, and can't wait to catch them live some time.
"I\'ve tried broadcasting my music via telepathy whilst in the bath, but I\'m shit at it. Hence the gigs."

kyuwert

Ordered :) and now waiting impatiently!

keithd

Love the album but a pity it's only 45 minutes
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Brom

Overdosed happily on "Breathe it in" on the Classic Rock CD while trekking around Wales last week, arrived home to find the new CD waiting.
 :D  :D

Have been rationing myself. So have listened to "The Illusion Is Freedom" twice now and IMHO it's the bees knees with the dog's bits added as afters, superb soundscapes, absolutely first class!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Neilgwhite

Quote from: "Neilgwhite"Just ordered my copy and announced the fact on Facebook, so no doubt about 90 of my "freinds" will be saying WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Guess what Mr. Postman had in his sack today??????????
Hello, is there anybody in there?............

H3WMW

I received my copy of "Template For A Generation" on Tuesday, arrived home on Tuesday evening and played it in my DVD player in the living room that night.

I was blown away by the music.  It's so uplifting.

I've had it playing in the car ever since and not stopped listening to it (even when the wife is in the car [har de har] ).

Love all three tracks but the one that stands out for me at the moment is "Breathe It In".

Well done to the DR boys for a cracking CD.