Darwins Radio - now with added video montage from The Peel

Started by Geddy Lee, December 01, 2008, 08:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

I like what I've heard.

Try "Too late" on their MySpace page.
It's quite like early Marillion (e.g. Script) to my ears. I bought their CD at Summer's End but I haven't given it a proper listen yet(!) - other peple's CDs just won't get out of the players!

I've yet to see them live.  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

johninblack

Quote from: "LivingForever"Are Credo any good?

I think they are a great band, I've seen them several times (more than any other band recently). Their live shows are consistently good. Mark the frontman/singer is a real character and Tim the guitarist always has a fantastic sound, the rest of them are very good too. As Pedders said they sound quite like Fish era Marillion but more up to date. A lot of that due to Mark's style of singing. Well worth a listen IMO.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Ash

Entertaining mainly because of TFMWTHF but musically not so much my taste.
Ash
xxx

LivingForever

Quote from: "Sarah"Entertaining mainly because of TFMWTHF but musically not so much my taste.

The front man who thinks he's Fish?!

:D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

Quote from: "LivingForever"
Quote from: "Sarah"Entertaining mainly because of TFMWTHF but musically not so much my taste.

So it's not TFMWTBB by Von Klump?  :)

Ash

close enough!   :lol:
Ash
xxx

Mikey

Quote from: "Pedro"

So it's not TFMWTBB by Von Klump?  :)
:D  :D  :D  :D

For the foreigners
Quote from: "Wiki"The painting was always referred to as "the Fallen Madonna with the big boobies".[1] The first episode of the first series of 'Allo 'Allo! (1984) was entitled The Fallen Madonna.[2] In an earlier pilot the painting was referred to as the "reclining" Madonna.

1 = "Boob" is slang for "breast": see Oxford Pocket Dictionary (8th ed, 1992).
I used to have a signature

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "Pedro"LOL
I am sooo impressed by the mighty Twang and the good people at The Peel. It's easy for me to sit here and spout my dream show suggestions but it takes the real magicians to get the "Beer and Mirrors" organised.  :D  :)

Can I request that The Peel is moved closer to where I live. So I can go more often ;)  ;)
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Mikey

Quote from: "Big Black Shed"
I am sooo impressed by the mighty Twang and the good people at The Peel. It's easy for me to sit here and spout my dream show suggestions but it takes the real magicians to get the "Beer and Mirrors" organised.  :D  :)

Can I request that The Peel is moved closer to where I live. So I can go more often ;)  ;)
Agreed
I used to have a signature

johninblack

No, It's already moving north-east ish..........

Had to revive this thread, I'm playing Eyes of The World after having not played it for a few weeks. Why so long? It's bloody brilliant, and that vocalist is a bit good too.........
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "johninblack"

No, It's already moving north-east ish..........

Had to revive this thread, I'm playing Eyes of The World after having not played it for a few weeks. Why so long? It's bloody brilliant, and that vocalist is a bit good too.........

I couldn't agree more John. My copy of Eyes of The World arrived this week whilst I was on holiday. It was a lovely "welcome home present".

I thought I'd better order it, especially when Dec asked what I thought of it at the CRS BOTY gig. :?  :?  :?
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

Pedro

EOTW is packed with awesomefully wonderish stunnery an' no mistake.
Ooh, can it be too much longer until his Jem-ship does the business on the new album?
Actually that is a silly question, of course it can be too long! :roll: It already is!

L33VEY

Quote from: "Dec"Well Tim put down his drum tracks at JM's studio this week and I'm told they sound mighty. The rest of the recording will be finished in December and then Jem to mix it for us in Jan.

The new album is called "Template for a Generation" and has 3 songs which clock in at 45 mins - with maybe a forth acoustic thing I have that might end up on there too ;)

Dec xx

Latest on the DR website is talking about 4 songs of 20 minutes each...

This is turning into the Tales of Topographic Oceans for the noughties?
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

L33VEY

I think I could have Hexed this one.

Latest message on MySpace says that the 4 songs come in at under 50 minutes...
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

sigod

I'm so looking forward to the new album. It should be an absolute cracker!