Finally, my chiptune album is done.

Started by madfiddler, December 20, 2012, 12:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madfiddler

After a 20 year break from chipmusic, I'm happy to announce the release of Reawakening.

These are my first chiptunes since retiring from the 'scene' in 1993 to focus on composing music for video games, such as Warhammer: Dark Omen, Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown, Populous: The Beginning and Dungeon Keeper 2. I decided in 2011 that the time was right to bring the name TDK out of retirement to create this album, utilising not only the tricks of the chiptune trade 20 years ago, but modern chiptune and music production techniques, whilst keeping in mind the channel restrictions of days gone by.

Reawakening was written using 2 Commodore 64's with the MSSIAH cartridge, a Commodore Amiga 1200, Elektron SIDStation, ReFX QuadraSID and Plogue Chipsounds.

http://marktdkknight.bandcamp.com/album/reawakening-3

Enjoy, and FLIT KILLS MOTHS :)

m

JakeWorrell

Chiptunes!?!?

Count me in! Listening right now, sounding great :D
"The longer the note, the more dread."

madfiddler

Thanks Jake. I recon the next album is asking for some violin on top perhaps :)

JakeWorrell

Quote from: "madfiddler"Thanks Jake. I recon the next album is asking for some violin on top perhaps :)

Now that sounds like an idea. What would it sound like through some decimator plugin I wonder. 8bit violin?

Purchased, by the way. I love me some chiptune music, what with being a child of the 80s and all, I'm glad that people are keeping the "genre" alive.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

madfiddler

Yeah, it's been a while since I last did them. It's my youth. 2nd hand C64 when I was 11 back in 1984 ;)

Hah, yeah, could bitcrush the violin. I'm going to play a couple of the tracks on electric violin at the Superbyte gig I'm doing in Sept. Thanks for buying :) The bandcamp stats on free downloading vs paying have been rather depressing so far.

m