Author Topic: Photography at Frost*Bites?  (Read 10931 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline johninblack

  • Global Moderator
  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • *****
  • Posts: 2318
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »
Quote from: "Pedro"
In my opinion, Mike, you are the perfect gig photographer.
Absolutely stunning shots and no inconvenience to anyone...plus you rescued the banana at the right time. :)
Totally agree, I've been seriously envious of Mike's talent for photography for quite a while........and his camera.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Offline Mikey

  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • **********
  • Posts: 4844
    • View Profile
    • http://www.polarisworldgolfinspain.co.uk
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »
Quote from: "DueyC"
Security tried to take my camera off me, but thanks to this thread I knew to stand my ground. I made it to the front (thanks SmartUK for making a space at the rail for me) and took quite a few photos but haven't got around to sorting them out yet.
I got frisked, but when I said the bulge in my trousers was my camera he let me in  ;)  ;)
I used to have a signature

Offline MikeEvs

  • Iced Gem
  • *********
  • Posts: 1520
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 09:39:17 PM »
This was the 2nd gig where security witnessed and heard me pick up my photo pass and then asked to search my bag and have a surprised look on their faces when they see the bag is full of camera gear :lol:

Offline SmartUK

  • A fruity Garibaldi
  • **
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 09:43:44 PM »
Quote from: "DueyC"
Security tried to take my camera off me, but thanks to this thread I knew to stand my ground. I made it to the front (thanks SmartUK for making a space at the rail for me) and took quite a few photos but haven't got around to sorting them out yet.

;)
Frost*, monkey, trumpet, ARSE!!

Offline Trapezium Artist

  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • **********
  • Posts: 2567
  • Ex astris ad astra
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 12:26:39 AM »
I finally managed to find time to go through the rather small collection of pictures I took at Frost*Bites and pick out a select few for your delectation. I wasn't in the best of locations, photography-wise, and couldn't move to get a variety of shots. Plus, as Mike will confirm, the lighting was bogging awful in this regard. Plus, of course, he and others were down in the pit with their sacks o' kit, so better able to have a comprehensive go at it (which Mike certainly did very well at).

Nevertheless, there are a few of my pictures which I'm happy with and more than happy to share with you all:

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/markmccaughrean/sets/72157632316087262/

Enjoy!  :D

Offline johninblack

  • Global Moderator
  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • *****
  • Posts: 2318
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »
Thanks Mark, there's nothing wrong with those piccies, I especially like the wicked gleam in Jem's eyes as he introduces his Speak and Spell to the gathered masses :)
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Offline Trapezium Artist

  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • **********
  • Posts: 2567
  • Ex astris ad astra
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 12:46:02 AM »
Quote from: "johninblack"
Thanks Mark, there's nothing wrong with those piccies, I especially like the wicked gleam in Jem's eyes as he introduces his Speak and Spell to the gathered masses :)

Thanks, JiB: yup, I think those are fine, but it was a bit frustrating not to be able to roam around with the same photographic freedom I usually enjoy at De Boerderij here at home.

Then again, the reason I gave up serious concert photography (i.e. I was doing it for the Edinburgh University student newspaper and the Festival Times, involving press passes and the lot) the first time around, back in the mid-1980's, was because I walked out of nominally great gigs not remembering a damn thing about the music. Frost* of all bands do not deserve the same fate ;-)

Offline Ash

  • Pink Wafer
  • ******
  • Posts: 796
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »
Loved the Speak n Spell pic.  Racing Hippo's friend is the panda from the Fishtank.
Ash
xxx

Offline Trapezium Artist

  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • **********
  • Posts: 2567
  • Ex astris ad astra
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »
Quote from: "Ash"
Loved the Speak n Spell pic.  Racing Hippo's friend is the panda from the Fishtank.

Blimey; how many names can one person have? There were about 19 already attached to this young lady in RH's post over in the other topic, and now I learn that she's an endangered Ailuropoda melanoleuca to boot ...  8-)

Offline MikeEvs

  • Iced Gem
  • *********
  • Posts: 1520
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 12:47:53 PM »
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
I finally managed to find time to go through the rather small collection of pictures I took at Frost*Bites and pick out a select few for your delectation. I wasn't in the best of locations, photography-wise, and couldn't move to get a variety of shots. Plus, as Mike will confirm, the lighting was bogging awful in this regard. Plus, of course, he and others were down in the pit with their sacks o' kit, so better able to have a comprehensive go at it (which Mike certainly did very well at).

Nevertheless, there are a few of my pictures which I'm happy with and more than happy to share with you all:

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/markmccaughrean/sets/72157632316087262/

Enjoy!  :D


Nice set mate  :D

Offline Mikey

  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • **********
  • Posts: 4844
    • View Profile
    • http://www.polarisworldgolfinspain.co.uk
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
and now I learn that she's an endangered Ailuropoda melanoleuca to boot ...  8-)
Thought she was a Panda  8-)
I used to have a signature

Offline Mikey

  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • **********
  • Posts: 4844
    • View Profile
    • http://www.polarisworldgolfinspain.co.uk
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 02:23:11 PM »
Quote from: "Pedro"
In my opinion, Mike, you are the perfect gig photographer.

Small  ;)  ;)
I used to have a signature

Offline Trapezium Artist

  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • **********
  • Posts: 2567
  • Ex astris ad astra
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 09:39:03 PM »
Quote from: "MikeEvs"
Nice set mate  :D

Thanks, Mike ...

Offline RacingHippo

  • Administrator
  • A Zoo full of Chocolate Animals
  • *****
  • Posts: 2698
    • View Profile
Re: Photography at Frost*Bites?
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Ash"
Loved the Speak n Spell pic.  Racing Hippo's friend is the panda from the Fishtank.

Blimey; how many names can one person have? There were about 19 already attached to this young lady in RH's post over in the other topic, and now I learn that she's an endangered Ailuropoda melanoleuca to boot ...  8-)
If you'd caught her earlier, she was wearing the full Panda Outfit.
* May contain nuts.