Photography at Frost*Bites?

Started by Trapezium Artist, December 14, 2012, 07:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

After printing my electronic tickets out for Sunday, I noticed a small print warning in the lower-left corner which reads:

11. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited.

That is likely generic to TicketWeb tickets and not specific to the Scala, but I wonder if anyone planning to take pictures with a real camera (read: DSLR or equivalent, not your phone ;-)) has actually talked to the venue about this?

Having (almost) had a bad experience at De Boerderij a couple of weeks ago, I'd like to avoid any tricky situations. Of course, as you all know, I only take pictures for my own (and your own) pleasure, not for commercial purposes, but my camera tends to attract the "professional and thus not permissible" tag.

So, anyone know the likely situation on Sunday? Twang?

DueyC

I took a compact camera to the previous Scala gig and wasn't hassled. I'm planning on taking a DSLR to this one though, so I too would like to know in advance if it isn't OK.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Pedro

Just asked Twang on Facebook :- "There is nothing in writing about not doing pics. I think it is up to the artists and you know they're OK about it."
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Ash

Was really funny, I was asking Twang at the same time on fb.  He said he had just told Pete and wouldn't tell me.  He will not be getting a Tyskie from me next time I see him at the Peel.
Ash
xxx

Trapezium Artist

Very good; sounds like we're safe. Excellent ...

Now my problem will be getting down the front with my gear ;-)

MikeEvs

You lot are going to hate me on Sunday :oops:

Pedro

...only if you get in the way, :D
...or have "Portrait Elbow"...a disease carried by photogs but only afflicting the person standing next to them.... ;)

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Pedro"...only if you get in the way, :D
...or have "Portrait Elbow"...a disease carried by photogs but only afflicting the person standing next to them.... ;)

being quite short I find I'm rarely in a position to do either of those things ;)

Pedro

:) Fair point...but an elbow in the Brussels is just as (if not more so) unwelcome as an elbow in the face.
But fear not, I have seen considerate photogs and inconsiderate photogs...you are definitely a considerate photog and I applaud you for it.
I make room for considerate photogs. :)

E.S.

I'm tempted to bring my DSLR or video cam, but frankly I just wanna have fun at the gig. Also I'm a terrible concert photographer, even with 1,4 lenses... so I'll stick with bizarre portraits every now and then and just enjoy the show. :D

RacingHippo

Quote from: "E.S."I'm tempted to bring my DSLR or video cam, but frankly I just wanna have fun at the gig. Also I'm a terrible concert photographer, even with 1,4 lenses... so I'll stick with bizarre portraits every now and then and just enjoy the show. :D
Pretty much my philosophy, too! There are far better gig-togs than I at most of the gigs I go to, so I leave it to them, which leaves me free to do what I'm best at - making a total pillock of myself  :mrgreen:
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

Quote from: "MikeEvs"
Quote from: "Pedro"...only if you get in the way, :D

being quite short I find I'm rarely in a position to do either of those things ;)
I think an excellent shot would be from the front, sitting on Pedders shoulders  :lol:
I used to have a signature

Ash

as usual I have my quandry, should I go and queue early so that I can get to the front in my own right or do my usual and worm my way to the front cos everyone is polite enough to let me?
Ash
xxx

Pedro

If I managed to get to the front, the usual arrangement will apply, Ash. :)

Ash

Ash
xxx