Photography at Frost*Bites?

Started by Trapezium Artist, December 14, 2012, 07:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeWorrell

Here is proof that you can take photos as the following is a photo I have taken tomorrow

Hurray for forum time travel
"The longer the note, the more dread."

E.S.

I'm also one of the short ones who didn't see anything of last year's gig, so get out of my way, I'm going to the front! :twisted:

:D

MikeEvs

Took over 800 photos I'm down to 190 now will take that down further before I upload any, I need a break right now

DueyC

Security tried to take my camera off me, but thanks to this thread I knew to stand my ground. I made it to the front (thanks SmartUK for making a space at the rail for me) and took quite a few photos but haven't got around to sorting them out yet.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Pedro

Hurrah! :)

When we arrived at the venue Just after 5pm, Twang was chatting to the Box Office people so we stepped inside to say "hi" and ask about queuing. In that conversation, he said to me; "Little cameras are allowed but big cameras won't be unless you have a photo pass". I said; "You have got to be joking, after what you said on Facebook quite a few will be bringing SLRs". At this point he turned to the venue staff and explained that the promoters and performers were all happy for SLRs to be used because they like the fans to share photos. One of the staff then undertook to phone somebody (I don't recall their name) and square it with them.

Full marks to Twang for sorting it in the end but it was heading the wrong way there for a while. Which is a shame because so many of the things that annoyed (or could have annoyed) the paying customers could and should have been predicted and resolved in advance.

Everyone knew that a lot of people were heading that way and yet they allowed 30 minutes from doors to kick-off.
There is no way on this planet that the 800th (or even the 500th) person could have got in, been frisked, been stripped of all biscuits, looked at the Merch desk, got a drink, maybe nipped to the toilet (after all that standing in the cold) and got into the hall before Frost* hit the stage. No way.

Celebr8 suffered a similar delayed entry problem, which makes this re-occurrence harder to fathom, but hopefully the lessons have really been learned this time.

Just my novice view, of course.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MikeEvs

I have uploaded my Frost* photos I will upload It Bites tomorrow.

IMG_7717 by MikeEvstog, on Flickr

IMG_7925 by MikeEvstog, on Flickr

IMG_7949 by MikeEvstog, on Flickr

IMG_7792 by MikeEvstog, on Flickr

Full Set HERE

Trapezium Artist

Some nice ones in there, Mike: good job (the one above of Nathan is my favourite  :D ).

I'm going to have trouble competing with that given where I was standing (somewhere in Pedro's penumbra, although by choice, so 'twas ok), that it would have been impossible to move to take more varied shots, and that I couldn't be Frost*monkeytrumpetarsed to change from my trusty 85mm f/1.8 lens to my zoom for some closer-up / wider-out shots.

But since we agreed that the lighting at the gig photography-wise was sheee-iiiiiite, it's actually good to see anything decent ;-)

MikeEvs

E.S.

MikeEvs

MikeEvs

Have added It Bites photos to the set now:

IMG_9491 by MikeEvstog, on Flickr

IMG_9509 by MikeEvstog, on Flickr

IMG_8117 by MikeEvstog, on Flickr

IMG_9584 by MikeEvstog, on Flickr

FULL SET

JimD

About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

E.S.

Btw, excellent picture for a "what was Blunders thinking here" caption contest. :D

Pedro

In my opinion, Mike, you are the perfect gig photographer.
Absolutely stunning shots and no inconvenience to anyone...plus you rescued the banana at the right time. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MikeEvs