Frost* 2012 AGM - Official Minutes

Started by LivingForever, December 17, 2012, 11:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LivingForever

be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Pedro

A cracking read, as always. Thanks for sharing that. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Againesis

Woah - that was quicker than expected. A great read as ever - thanks.
There are only 10 types of people]

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Well, I'm certainly going to enjoy that when I get time to read it in full, but putting on my Pedant's Bonnet for a sec, I'll note that one of your opening statements about this being the first Frost*mas gig not to be at the The Peel isn't quite true. Not, in fact, it's not even slightly true  8-)

I'm pretty sure that the 2010 edition was at the O2 in Islington, not out in Kingston, with Ark in support. Indeed, I remember the gig well and the venue itself was brought home when I stumbled over it yesterday, making a brief detour into the Sainsbury's (for Marmite, naturally) across the road from it, before getting on the tube at Angel en-route to London City.

(Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I saw Steve Harris from the Paul Menel Band in the lounge at City yesterday, but thought better of doorstepping him with my laptop showing a picture I took of him at De Boerderij recently ;-))

Oh, and on the off-chance (ha!) the the cheery antipodean who was in the Sainsbury's check-out queue behind me is also a Frost*ie, Marmite is bloody well not a poor-man's Vegemite. Don't get me started on the defence of Marmite ...  :evil:

LivingForever

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"I'm pretty sure that the 2010 edition was at the O2 in Islington, not out in Kingston, with Ark in support. Indeed, I remember the gig well and the venue itself was brought home when I stumbled over it yesterday, making a brief detour into the Sainsbury's (for Marmite, naturally) across the road from it, before getting on the tube at Angel en-route to London City.

Whilst this is true, and I was there also - it's not offically Frost*mas when it's part of a bigger tour. Yep, those are my rules and I'm sticking to them...  :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "LivingForever"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"I'm pretty sure that the 2010 edition was at the O2 in Islington, not out in Kingston, with Ark in support. Indeed, I remember the gig well and the venue itself was brought home when I stumbled over it yesterday, making a brief detour into the Sainsbury's (for Marmite, naturally) across the road from it, before getting on the tube at Angel en-route to London City.

Whilst this is true, and I was there also - it's not offically Frost*mas when it's part of a bigger tour. Yep, those are my rules and I'm sticking to them...  :D

Hmmm ... not sure about playing games where the regulations are held in secret ...  ;)

So, according to the King James Rule Book, how many Frost*masses have we had then? Just the three: 2008 at The Peel, the Giggus Mirabilis, 2011 again at The Peel, the Giggus Almightysquashus, and this year at the Scala, the Giggus Septuagintaminutus?

Well, all I can say is that we need more of them, not less ... !

(Separately, just to show how we like our traditions, RH, Sawtooth, and I did partake of a post-gig curry just around the corner from the venue, and surprisingly good it was too, considering the location and time of night. And under our secret accounting rules [available on request; please send an SAE to Mr Frost*MoneyTrumpetArse of Birmingham]), we all emerged solvent and still good friends ;-))

mattstevens

Top writing mate, I had a lovely time :)

Far too drunk thou...

Frost, were great:)

E.S.

Very good review indeed. A joy to read.  :)

Drarok

Quote from: "LivingForever"http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/16th-december-2012-it-bites-frost-scala.html
QuoteSo much excitement that two rather over-eager and possibly well-lubricated chaps a couple of rows behind me start bouncing around all over the place, falling into people and knocking drinks flying
Ah, yes, those two. I was right next to them. My arm got pretty sore from their friction, but I was determined to stay put. :twisted:

Do we know who they were?

Mikey

Quote from: "Drarok"
Quote from: "LivingForever"http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/16th-december-2012-it-bites-frost-scala.html
QuoteSo much excitement that two rather over-eager and possibly well-lubricated chaps a couple of rows behind me start bouncing around all over the place, falling into people and knocking drinks flying
Ah, yes, those two. I was right next to them. My arm got pretty sore from their friction, but I was determined to stay put. :twisted:

Do we know who they were?
No, the guy next to me was getting pretty p/$$3d off with them, it wasn't you was it?
I used to have a signature

Drarok

I think I maintained my cool very well, so hopefully not... :mrgreen: