Main Menu

Banana on Dvd?

Started by Fogeyspasm, December 28, 2012, 12:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fogeyspasm

I know this is very last minute as it only came to me in a fit of Progflu suffering last night but it would be very funny if the Banana could appear on the DVD. Surely they are going to play "That Song" .
Anyone know if we have time to recover said Banana and get him a pass for the shoot?
Maybe Blunders could take him in, after all he has signed it! :lol:
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

wickedwitch

Lyn has it and its due to come to me but i dont mind waiting x

Pedro

It has to be up to you Fogey, it's your ball after all. :)
It will have to finish its journey after Jem has had it...which strikes me as something of an anti-climax but, like I say, it's not my call.
@Fogey: I suggest you make the arrangements with Lyn regarding where to send it.
You should probably get some words together to explain it to Jem so he gets the significance of where it has been and why it was started etc.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Fogeyspasm

I think stick to the script and carry on the Tour.
It would have been funny to have had one in shot for "That" song.
Maybe an impersonator/stunt Banana. But there is still the problem of organising it and im sure they will have enough to think about without us getting involved.

Put the mad idea down to Progflu fever.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

Fogeyspasm

Although Pedro i like your extras idea. ;)
It is going to be a while till the DVD is all mixed and packaged.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High

gr8gonzo

The tale of the banana* tour with accompanying slideshow would make for a wondreful featurette on the DVD, if that's even doable within the timeframe required.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

johninblack

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"The tale of the banana* tour with accompanying slideshow would make for a wondreful featurette on the DVD, if that's even doable within the timeframe required.
Yup, it would, might be rather tight tho.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

I have no idea what the plans are regarding the DVD other than *some* filming is occurring in the next few days.
I do, however, have some experience of waiting for such things to appear and have encountered fans with expectations which have not been met by artists for any number of reasons.

If the filming at Rockfield is all that is going on the DVD, if people with nothing else to do are going to mix the audio and edit rather a lot of video...and if the goal is to release it ASAFP....then I'd guess, perhaps March at the very earliest.

However, I would not expect any of those "if"s to be very likely...again, not based on actual information, just common sense.

Commercially, having something to sell at Celebr8.2 would be smart, wouldn't it...but even that could be a tall order with busy schedules.

So I purpose we keep our powder dry, keep the banana moving and not apply any pressure to ourselves, and more importantly, to Jem, based on our desired/guessed timelines.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"