Main Menu

Frost* Word Search

Started by gr8gonzo, November 30, 2008, 02:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Loved that album when it came out (laser etched vinyl - remember that?).  :)
Must find it sometime....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

catherine

Of course I remember the laser etched vinyl - it's sitting with the rest of my (sadly unplayable cos my elderly Garrard turntable turned up its toes) LPs... I'm hoping Santa will bring me a record deck as well as a new CD player!

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "gr8gonzo"In the immortal words of Mr. Tommy Shaw, "Is it any wonder I'm sane at all..."

That's been driving me potty - but I've finally got it. Paradise Theater by Styx. What an album. Takes me straight back to 1981, when, of course, I was very, very young.

The reference was due to my reaction upon completing the word search (sometimes referred to as a seek 'n' find).  I created it in MS Excel, btw, and when I printed it out and verified everything, I sighed and said, "I've got too much time on my hands," which naturally put that song in my head for a considerable amount of time afterward.

Oh, and somewhere I have a 45 of ELO's "Sweet Talkin' Woman" on purple vinyl.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Tricky

Quote from: "Tricky"Is there software to make them?  (I'd google it but right now I can't remember the proper term for these things)  :roll:

Oh dear - self quoting (tut tut)  :oops:
but...
I was trying to remember 'acrostic', which is something else entirely.  Much more like the FROST thing at the very start of the thread.

An acrostic (from the late Greek akróstichon, from ákros, "top", and stíchos, "verse") is a poem or other writing in an alphabetic script, in which the first letter, syllable or word of each line, paragraph or other recurring feature in the text spells out another message. A form of constrained writing, an acrostic can be used as a mnemonic device to aid memory retrieval. A famous acrostic was made on the Greek for the acclamation JESUS CHRIST, GOD'S SON, SAVIOUR which in Greek is: Iesous CHristos, THeou Uios, Soter (ch and th being each one letter in Greek and u is also y). The initials spell ICHTHUS same as ICHTHYS, Greek for fish; hence the frequent use of the fish by early Christians and up to now as a symbol for Jesus Christ
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

rogerg

Quote from: "Tricky"Brilliant :!:
How did you put that together?
Is there software to make them?  (I'd google it but right now I can't remember the proper term for these things)  :roll:

there is this: puzzlemaker

I use it to make some fun sheets for my kids.   8-)

gr8gonzo

That's an awesome site, roger.  That would have taken faaaar less time.  I had a lot of fun doing it myself, though.  I'll definitely use that site to create puzzles for my kids.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

DueyC

I completely missed this thread. What was I doing in Nov/Dec 2008 (rhetorical question)?
That's my evening written off then  :)
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Jim Takacs

This is Brilliant! Id expect nothing less from a Fellow Floridian though...  :mrgreen:
::I Like Cheese::