Songs you would like to hear covered by Frost*

Started by danofmayz, January 03, 2013, 04:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

JimD

The JPod (my MP3 player) was bringing in a lot of UFO on shuffle mode last night as I walked home.  Whilst I'm not sure the voices or JG or JM really suit Phil Mogg's vocal style, I did wonder what the Frost* musical machinations might make of "Love To Love" with its little circular keyboard riff, odd time signatures and widdlesome Michael Schenker guitar moments.

I have to confess a certain passionate fascination with that song that is over-proportioned to its general existence, i.e. it's a great, epic song but whilst I'd say it's not a sure-fire 1000% classic top-ten of all time song on a world scale, I think nevertheless that it's pretty insanely amazing. This is largely because when I was first listening to the LP as a youthful 14 year old the final guitar solo and very heavy bit which kicks in as Mogg sings "I've tried and I need you to staaaaaaaay" collided one evening in my mind at the very same moment with one of those mind blowing teenage moments of simultaneous wonder and terror at the life, the universe and everything, and it knocked me for six.  I still get shivers down my spine when I hear it as a result, and last night as I walked home in the dark evening with the snow falling I nearly passed out at that moment with the sheer intensity of it all.

Anyway, back on track, I'd really like to hear whatever Frost* feel like covering.  I'd never have thought of doing "Here Is The News" for example, so there's a nice element of surprise to some cover versions that is often very cool.
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Mikey

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "danofmayz"Just came to mind, would love to hear Jem do a version of Africa by Toto!

I think I'd rather hear Hydra or St. George and the Dragon.   8-)

TPE - EIMA - 8 mins - Toto or What  :D
I used to have a signature

pink skinny head

JimD........Love to Love is an awesome track...by an awesome band.Their live version off of Strangers in the Night is simply stunning and i see where your coming from with the "odd time signiture" thing.I think maybe a Dream Theater track may be more up their street....say Breaking All Illusions which i feel has everything that Frost excel in as well as Dream Theater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip2HCYt8YiA

manoncharles

Simon & Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair
and
Jimmy Eat World's Disintegration

Both would be very very different if transposed to a Frost* wave and I think they could be glorious.
A fairytale in negative

manoncharles

AND HALL & OATES "YOU MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE".

Including video.
A fairytale in negative

JakeWorrell

"The longer the note, the more dread."

owen

manoncharles

A fairytale in negative

gr8gonzo

My daughter wants to hear Frost* do "Flash's Theme"  ;D
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Rook

Frost* --aah aahh--
Saviours of the proggiverse!

I could totally hear Gabriel's Red Rain with Mitchell taking front on the Vox.

manoncharles

Dayum ! I'm usually very wary of Queen covers (because of the vocals, sounds really hard to sing properly without making it sound like a parody / mimic) but why not !
Great choice btw! What a song.

Frost* --aah aahh--
They'll save every one of us!
A fairytale in negative

Rook

Only Doctor Trapezium Artist, formerly at ESO, has provided any explanation...

Jem, Jem, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the earth!

gr8gonzo

manon, if I may recommend this fine cover of Killer Queen

You may also enjoy his album Thirteen Eight.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

manoncharles

He's talented, can't deny it.
But nope nope nope nope one does not simply cover Queen.
A fairytale in negative