Main Menu

John Jowitt

Started by Mikey, January 18, 2013, 02:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

IQ, Ark, Arena, Jadis and Frost* (and more) bassist JOHN JOWITT will deputise for URIAH HEEP's Trevor Bolder.
Bolder is going into hospital shortly for an operation which will require several months' recuperation.

The announcement on Uriah Heep's official website reads as follows...
Trevor Bolder is going into hospital for an operation which will require several months' recuperation. Everyone connected with Uriah Heep wishes Trevor a speedy operation and recovery, and Trevor's wishes are that the band should carry on without him, until he is fit and ready to come back.
Venerated bass player John [JJ] Jowitt has agreed to deputise for Trevor at short notice, to ensure that the band's show in Israel at the end of January can still go ahead.

Having spent 20 years with IQ, plus varying stints with Ark, Arena, Jadis, Frost and other respected bands, John is renowned for his on-stage charisma and has won Classic Rock Society's Bass poll on no less than 10 separate occasions.
Mick Box said:- "We all wish Trevor a speedy return to the fold, and in the meantime we are very pleased that JJ has agreed to step in and cover Trev's unique bass panache, so crucial to Heep's sound. JJ will also contribute to the signature 5-part vocal operatics".
John Jowitt said:- "I have long been an admirer of Trevor Bolder's iconic playing, and it is a huge honour to be asked to stand in for one of the all-time greats of the bass. I intend to bring due respect to the legend that is Uriah Heep, and I hope I can do justice to Trevor's presence, both on and off stage".

We know all of you out there will support Trevor and the Band as we move forward together into 2013. Trevor will use his recuperation period to write songs for the new Uriah Heep album, the follow up to Into The Wild, which will be put together in the next 12 months.
I used to have a signature

rogerg

pretty cool.  way to go, JJ!