Did you ever have a Sinclair ZX Spectrum?

Started by JimD, January 24, 2013, 06:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimD

If so, then my latest creation is for YOU!

My not-done-much-with-it-recently outfit Deep Grass (typically this is just me again but I am not being Konstanzegraff in this project) recently came up with this song called LOAD "" based on the sound of a ZX Spectrum program as it sounded on cassette tape, and I created this video to go with it.

http://youtu.be/PLWEy59lUhc

Note that the melodic sounds in it are based on the main Spectrum loading tone :)

Hope you dig it!

Jim D

p.s. real Spectrum fans will note that what happens on the TV screen was not what a real Speccy program loaded like, but I am in retrospect convinced that I could create that effect using the Spectrum and might do an alternative mix of the song if I ever get around to programming it (I thought up the video after finishing the song). In truth also the perspective is all wrong, the cat is anatomically incorrect, the radiator is plumbed in wrong and TVs in the 80's did not have those kind of legs, but it's just a bit of fun hopefully...)

The actual code used in the song *should* be the following program, though I could not get it to LOAD into my emulator, probably due to it being hashed together from different sources...

10 PRINT "Jim is Kool"
20 GOTO 10

:D
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

E.S.

Mikey

Quote from: "JimD"Did you ever have a Sinclair ZX Spectrum?
No
I used to have a signature

JimD

Quote from: "Mikey"
No

Hmm, how about any Barclay James Harvest LPs?
About Me

Mikey

Quote from: "JimD"
Quote from: "Mikey"
No

Hmm, how about any Barclay James Harvest LPs?
LP, No....EP yes......Next

JimD

Since I put this out to the world it seems I am not the only one to think of making music from the Sinclair Spectrum loading screen.  Check this out (but only if you are geek - it's of seriously limited appeal to non-geeks).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpEDBik0x9U

Whether they programmed it in the computer or hacked it up with samples it's a brilliant idea and something most speccy fans would have adored back in the day!  :D

0, OK 10: 0!
About Me

JakeWorrell

I've had several Spectrums (spectra?) over the years. This is wondreful!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

JimD

About Me

Mikey

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"I've had several Spectrums (spectra?) over the years. This is wondreful!
I've got a genuine thrown from the stage by Steve Vai plectrum