Enough Keys. Guitar gear!

Started by boogie2, January 31, 2013, 10:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogie2

Hey all,

I see constant lists of keyboard gear.  What does Mr. Mitchell use?  I think he's probably one of the most underrated guitarists out there today.  Playing and tone are brilliant.  What is he using to get that sound?

Boogie2
----------
Tom Anderson, Gretsch, Gibson, Axe FX Ultra, Mesa Boogie Triaxis, Various other rubbish

Pedro

Welcome boogie2! :)

No arguments from me. JM is a star.

Not sure of the exact gear list, but Cort guitars are the weapons of choice.

I found a post on another board where JM said :- "I use a Marshall JMP-1 through a Valvestate 80/80 with a Korg A3 on the send and return loop for the odd delay here and there!".

According to Wikipedia :-
QuoteMitchell primarily uses Cort Guitars - white and black G254s on stage, and for recording, a tobacco G210 and a blue/black G290. He also plays an Alvarez Yairi acoustic guitar in the studio, and a PRS Classic. John's rack setup consists of a Marshall JMP1 Preamp with effects being produced by a vintage Korg A3 effects unit. This signal is then amplified by a Marshall Valvestate 8280 power amp to a 4 x 12 Marshall cab.

Not sure how up-to-date this is.

Now, choose your biscuit!  :D
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

E.S.

Welcome! :D
Yes, that's what it looks like in that live rack. I too enjoy that sound.

Rook

I seem to remember Jem saying some time that JM's guitars are all the JMP1 recorded direct out ofte speaker compensated output. I took that to mean that any effects (reverbs, delays, what have you) were done in mix down. As is only right and proper.

That's how I remember it at any rate.

Fogeyspasm

I seem to remember seeing him somewhere recently, and i don't know if he was joking or not, but he said it was probably about time he updated his rig.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

D S

Quote from: "Fogeyspasm"I seem to remember seeing him somewhere recently, and i don't know if he was joking or not, but he said it was probably about time he updated his rig.
You're right - I recall JM saying that with It Bites at Celebr8 last year when his rack was playing up (after having been transported from Germany where it was used the night before with Arena!).  
Mind you, IB are well known for their love of old tech - John Beck still uses the same synths he did back in the 1980s!   ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Brom

Quote from: "D S"- John Beck still uses the same synths he did back in the 1980s!   ;)

And there we go... back to keys again!  :lol:

Old Frostie habits die hard!  :D
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Mikey

Quote from: "Brom"And there we go... back to keys again!  :lol:

Old Frostie habits die hard!  :D

Nice one  :lol:
I used to have a signature