D S

http://www.progrockmag.com/news/spocks- ... o-tour-uk/

Spock's Beard UK tour
May 3: Sheffield Corporation
May 4: Glasgow Arches
May 5: Newcastle Academy 2
May 6: Bilston Robin 2
May 7: London Garage

Yay!  :D  It'll be a Happy Stars Wars Day for me.  Last time I saw the Beard play at the Arches, I recall they had a rather good support band...  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

Quote from: "D S"Last time I saw the Beard play at the Arches, I recall they had a rather good support band...  ;)
When I saw the rather good support band,  :D  :D I didn't see the Beard. Were they any good?
I used to have a signature

D S

Well, looking back to the old forum, I think they were!
http://frost.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=1375

I've followed SB since 1999 so it was great to see them in Scotland for the first time.  Really good and surprising set list (the whole of the Great Nothing from V for starters).  That was the first time I'd seen them without Neal Morse but NDV did a fantastic job as frontman, 2nd guitarist, 2nd keyboard player, 2nd drummer, etc (don't you just hate talented people?  ;) )

However, this will be the first time I've seen them without NDV.  As Jimmy has been their live 'Chester Thompson' drummer since Neal left, there is no great change there. And being an Enchant fan, if anyone can step into NDV's shoes,it's Ted Leonard.  I'm looking forward to hearing the new album.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Pedro

The line-up did really well at High Voltage.
Neal Morse joining them was great too. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Ah, ah-ha.

Got you, you doubters.

The number one fan was at this gig, and was at La Scala in December.

Not shown on any photos.
I used to have a signature

mr_john

Very excited by this news, didn't get a chance to see them on the last UK tour so the war of attrition on my wife has already started.

MikeEvs

Not sure I can make these dates it's a really busy week in work for us so I don't think I can get the time off :(

DavSel

Being a more recent fan of the Beard I've never seen them live! But I damn sure want to go! Loving the new album!  :D

Ecosse

David, I was planning on going to The Arches gig.

Grab you for a beer beforehand?
| Chris |
Twitter

D S

Hi Chris - excellent idea!  I'll PM nearer the time.  8-)
I've been listening to the MP3 version of the new album and it's a goodie.  Looking forward to see it live.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DavSel

Whats everyone's favourite song off the album? :)

I love I Know Your Secrets

D S

Yes, I Know Your Secrets is a great song.

The first track Hiding Out is a favourite.  The guitar duel between Al and Ted is something new for Spock's.  The piano chords at the start sound quite expensive and remind me of someone else...  ;)

Waiting For Me has a strong Neal Morse-era SB flavour to it but then there is a good reason for that!

I've had Ted Leonard's solo album Way Home (where Submerged first appeared) since 2007 so it's interesting to hear the different SB take on that song.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DavSel

Quote from: "D S"Yes, I Know Your Secrets is a great song.

The first track Hiding Out is a favourite.  The guitar duel between Al and Ted is something new for Spock's.  The piano chords at the start sound quite expensive and remind me of someone else...  ;)

Waiting For Me has a strong Neal Morse-era SB flavour to it but then there is a good reason for that!

I've had Ted Leonard's solo album Way Home (where Submerged first appeared) since 2007 so it's interesting to hear the different SB take on that song.

Agreed! Ahh submerged is a Ted song with SB twist? Well awesome stuff! I must agree with the Hiding Out chords, not sure who it could be though... ;)

I quite like Afterthoughts too, a bit of another take on the Thoughts songs, love the harmony in it!  :)

Ecosse

Just given the album my first listen.

The stand out track for me is Wish I Were Here
| Chris |
Twitter