Solo competition!

Started by RobRideout, February 19, 2013, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRideout

I'm holding a mini solo competition (as some of you will know from facebook and twitter spamming...)

Any instrument is allowed, but so far it's looking like mostly guitarists, as I expected. So far we have Jim Sanders of Tinyfish, and Mik Crone of Lorenza Woods getting in on the action, me, and a few guitarists I know around facebook. The backing track along with all the current entries are on the Flying Machine Soundcloud page.

Download the track, record your solo, and email it to https://soundcloud.com/flying-machine

E.S.

Ooh. I wanna try that. :D

Btw, what's the competition? Notes per square inch? Number of goosebumps?

JimD

My word, people seem fond of the neck pickup these days (and sweep picking)!

I will have to see if I can coax anything out of Lucifer for this one - watch that space!
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Mikey

Quote from: "JimD"Lucifer
Hmmmmm, like that
I used to have a signature

rogerg

When's the deadline, Rob?  I want to give this a go (on keyboard...) and I'm on vacation starting after Friday, so...

Pumpkin King

Oh man. This is awesome. Need a keyboard solo? I'm on it.

RobRideout

Deadline is next monday, but if more people want to keep it going I'll wait :) Then I'll get people to vote!

JimD

Gave Lucifer (different photo this time) a good thrashing (and my fingers) last night with this one and sent my efforts off to Rob.

Very interesting to listen again to what has been submitted so far once you actually have to try and do it yourself! :D
About Me

rogerg

Quote from: "RobRideout"Deadline is next monday, but if more people want to keep it going I'll wait :) Then I'll get people to vote!

thanks, Rob.  we'll see....

Brom

Back after a couple of days away... hmmm struggling with the guitar on this one.... but I have a cunning plan B!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

JakeWorrell

You know i'm no virtuoso but i might have a go myself if i get chance, just for the halibut!
"The longer the note, the more dread."

E.S.

If you salmon all your strength.

Oh cod! What a bad pun. Well, I shell sea you later. *waves*

rogerg

Mikey

Quote from: "JimD"Gave Lucifer (different photo this time) a good thrashing
Absolutely no comment, missus
I used to have a signature

JimD

:lol:

E.S! This is no plaice for such bass humour!  I can see you are angling for something...  

Anyway, nice to see some turbot-charged submissions appearing on Rob's Soundcloud.

Jake, come on, submit a tuna - don't be koi!

Quote from: "JakeWorrell"You know i'm no virtuoso but i might have a go myself if i get chance, just for the halibut!

Quote from: "E.S."If you salmon all your strength.

Oh cod! What a bad pun. Well, I shell sea you later. *waves*
About Me