Photographers, A Moment Of Your Time, Please.

Started by Big Black Shed, December 02, 2008, 08:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricky

Quote from: "Big Black Shed"
Quote from: "Mikey"
Quote from: "Big Black Shed"Do biscuits go stale?
Given the chance stale biscuits go soft, which, I think, leads us back to Jaffa Cakes :D  :D

The Great Biscuit / Cake Debate. Wars have started over less  :lol:  :lol:

Never mind that:
Did you know that Big Black Shed was going to buy a camera....
 :)
When the future\'s looking dark, we\'re the ones who have to shine...

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Tricky"Never mind that:
Did you know that Big Black Shed was going to buy a camera....
 :)
He should ask for advice on here - there's a few folks who're rather good and/or knowledgeable.
* May contain nuts.

Big Black Shed

Re-railed the de-railed thread.

That's why I love you guys.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now for the camera....... EOS 450D and "A" lens........ But which one :?  :?  :?  :?

And don't forgat to tell The Wife. "By the way Dear, I'd like a new camera............"
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

rogerg

just finished off a delicious frozen banana cream pie.

Geetar

Quote from: "Big Black Shed"Re-railed the de-railed thread.

That's why I love you guys.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now for the camera....... EOS 450D and "A" lens........ But which one :?  :?  :?  :?

And don't forgat to tell The Wife. "By the way Dear, I'd like a new camera............"

That's what I'm probably buying the missus for Christmas too. We've already got  Canon 28-105 mm and  Tamron 28-200 mm lenses, so it's kind of a no-brainer. Alternatives, however, include the Nikon D90 and EOS 40D.

Stupidly, I tried a D700 while in the store. Unbelievable. And I don't even like cameras.
This space for sale.

Big Black Shed

I have a Canon "snappy" at the moment. I like the useability of it. I don't want to have to learn a whole new menu etc. The 450 is about what I can afford, I know there are faults with it, but there will be with any camera at around £400 with a lens.

I'll see what the local photo shop has to offer and try and do a deal. I'm a tenacious bugger when haggling is involved. Morrocan rug salemen. Pah! ;)

Geetar

Quote from: "Big Black Shed"The 450 is about what I can afford, I know there are faults with it, but there will be with any camera at around £400 with a lens.

What are we talking about, fault-wise? Is it mainly the kit lens?

I read on dpreview that some are having problems with the XSi... could that be "operator" nonsense, or is it that some of the cameras are faulty and need to be booted back?
This space for sale.

Big Black Shed

I read that some of the colour reproduction and contrast can be a bit "shonkey" in very low light.

But then it was from a very pro site. And they did recommend buying the D50 and a USM lens as a minimum. But that's a least twice the price. And they're "Camera-snobs"

So it's a 450D and a couple of Canon lens for me then.

Right, now to tell the Wife.  :shock: Wish me luck ;)

Mikey

Quote from: "wickedwitch"canon every time. have fun xx
With one of these?

I used to have a signature

mark_kennedy

Quote from: "Big Black Shed"I read that some of the colour reproduction and contrast can be a bit "shonkey" in very low light.

A few of the D50 reviews said the same thing along with the noise levels at higher ISO's and to be honest, am buggered if I can tell the difference with my D50.

tomskerous

I like the sound that Enya used on 'Orinoco Flow'. Although the reverb tails cut off awkwardly at low volumes.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!