YProg Festival - Mostly Cancelled

Started by Pedro, March 06, 2013, 06:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Not a lot has been said about this festival on here...but I saw on Twitter last night that the Sat & Sun have been canceled.
If you were going and have not heard this, please check official sources.

It appears that a lot of people will be losing non-refundable hotel costs as a result.
We weren't going (limited funds) but it looked like it was going to be good.

The Friday night is apparently still on.

It's rumoured that poor sales are the reason and further suggested that the appearance of the much maligned HRH festival contributed to this by drawing punters away by being bigger, more shiny, and uncomfortably close on the calendar.

My sympathy to all those who are losing out, both punters and bands.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

mr_john

I read that too. Shame that the new and up coming festivals get shut down before they even begin.

Be nice if Prog Mag got behind these things and gave it some much needed national coverage, benefits everyone surely?

Pedro

Prog mag has got behind the all-about-making-money-fest that is HRH. They are unlikely to compete with themselves..which is what backing YProg would have amounted too, sadly.

JakeWorrell

Maybe I'm ignorant but the first I heard of this festival is that it is cancelled, so it's not surprising to me that ticket sales were poor.

Having said that I haven't heard of HRH either.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Pedro

Well not hearing about YProg could have been avoided if people like me, who had heard of it and claim to support the genre had thought to mention/promote it here (mea culpa).
Not hearing about HRH means you don't follow Twang/Geoff closely or visit the Fishtank enough. :)

gr8gonzo

I had heard of it, but was unaware that it wasn't widely known, else I would have done my part to point both of my podcast listeners to it.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

mr_john

Quote from: "Pedro"Prog mag has got behind the all-about-making-money-fest that is HRH. They are unlikely to compete with themselves..which is what backing YProg would have amounted too, sadly.

Ahh yes of course. Silly.

You'd have thought they would support ALL festivals of this genre in order to promote the GENRE not a specific event.

Hey ho.