Main Menu

Dear Dead Days

Started by Brom, December 03, 2008, 01:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Perhaps its a Discordant Dream

Didn't sound out of place to me, but what  would I know?
I used to have a signature

Brom

Just found time to listen to the instrumental version.... and it all makes sense!!  :D My "Clang" is all part of what sounds like an arpeggio on a guitar, flanged or chorussed with the rate right up. As you all say, in tune and everything.

Exactly what Fogey said... and Pedders... and....

If only I'd listened to it first before going off on one!!  :lol:
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "Brom"Just found time to listen to the instrumental version.... and it all makes sense!!  :D My "Clang" is all part of what sounds like an arpeggio on a guitar, flanged or chorussed with the rate right up. As you all say, in tune and everything.

No problem, Brom! It happens when you eat too many biscuits... :lol:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

James_S

Quote from: "Gandalf1986"
Quote from: "Brom"Just found time to listen to the instrumental version.... and it all makes sense!!  :D My "Clang" is all part of what sounds like an arpeggio on a guitar, flanged or chorussed with the rate right up. As you all say, in tune and everything.

No problem, Brom! It happens when you eat too many biscuits... :lol:

... or not enough :D
So many keyboards, so little time!

gr8gonzo

Never mind that, did you know that the Mosquito alarm (marketed as the Beethoven in France and the Swiss-Mosquito in Switzerland), is an electronic device which emits an ultrasonic sound, similar to the buzz of a mosquito (approximately 17.4 kHz at 85dB)[clarification needed]? The device is typically heard by people less than 25 years of age because the ability to hear high frequencies deteriorates in humans with age (a phenomenon known as presbycusis).

The device is marketed as a safety and security tool for preventing anti-social behaviour such as gang loitering which has been publicly associated with graffiti, vandalism, drug usage, drug distribution, and violence. In the UK, over 3000 have been sold, mainly for use outside shops and near transport hubs. The device is also being sold in Australia, Canada and the USA.

The Mosquito has attracted controversy on the basis of human rights. Critics say that using the Mosquito is discrimination against young people and that the device infringes their human rights. Supporters, on the other hand, argue that making the Mosquito illegal would infringe the human rights of shopkeepers who suffer business losses when "unruly teenagers" drive away their customers. Mosquito distributors have said that they employ standards to ensure that the device is not abused and the Welsh inventor of the device, Howard Stapleton, has asked European governments to legislate guidelines governing its use.

Some adolescents, however, have found the once annoying sound can be used as a tool, and turned it into a ringtone to prevent disciplinary actions that would normally be imposed if a mobile phone user was caught using their phones during school hours, by creating a mobile phone ringtone that is inaudible to most adults. This ringtone became informally known among schoolchildren as "Teen Buzz", and has since been sold commercially.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Brom

Err Gr8Gonzo... did you just say something  :?
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

David

rogerg

that is one mellow drummer.

turbo

Quote from: "David"What a strange intro!  :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54H3EUAzpVg
mmmm reminds me of something but i cant think wot  ;)
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Trapezium Artist

Holey moley  :shock:  

But I think I see what must've happened: after having penned DDD, Jem must've done a Pocket Sun and jumped back to the 1970s to leave a cassette tape version in Budgie's studio where they, not having a clue what kind of magical machine was used to make the intro noise, transcribed it for geetar, and started a song off with it. Whereupon, decades later, Jem heard said song (or perhaps the Metallica cover) on YouTube and, err, penned the intro to DDD.

And, then, ummm ...  :?

rogerg

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Holey moley  :shock:  

But I think I see must've happened: after having penned DDD, Jem must've done a Pocket Sun and jumped back to the 1970s to leave a cassette tape version in Budgie's studio where they, not having a clue what kind of magical machine was used to make the intro noise, transcribed it for geetar, and started a song off with it. Whereupon, decades later, Jem heard said song (or perhaps the Metallica cover) on YouTube and, err, penned the intro to DDD.

works for me!!

Ash

Ash
xxx

turbo

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Holey moley  :shock:  

But I think I see must've happened: after having penned DDD, Jem must've done a Pocket Sun and jumped back to the 1970s to leave a cassette tape version in Budgie's studio where they, not having a clue what kind of magical machine was used to make the intro noise, transcribed it for geetar, and started a song off with it. Whereupon, decades later, Jem heard said song (or perhaps the Metallica cover) on YouTube and, err, penned the intro to DDD.

I knew there had to be a perfectly logical explanation for this  :lol:
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Gandalf1986

Well chaps, if you hear Around The World from RHCP is quite of the same story... :lol:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Mouse

Most curious! I'm suddenly reminded of that term for two seperate species to evolve in almost the exact same way, but have had no contact of any kind whatsoever. I haven't been reminded well, however, as I can't remember what it's called.  :P