New forum - Bugs, Requests and Hints'n'tips

Started by Pedro, April 11, 2013, 01:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

Quote from: Pedro on April 14, 2013, 04:49:43 PM
Yes, to all but the gigantic letters...I haven't seen that one yet.
It seems the transfer has been far from seamless.

Same here.

But, I think it actually went' pretty well.  IIRC when we last switched (this is No. 3, right?), it was much worse.

johninblack

Quote from: rogerg on April 14, 2013, 06:29:42 PM
(this is No. 3, right?), it was much worse.

No, at least 4 could be 5 but at least 4. I'd say it went pretty well. The last change I believe we started with a fresh forum (Again).
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

johninblack

Quote from: johninblack on April 15, 2013, 11:30:35 AM
Quote from: rogerg on April 14, 2013, 06:29:42 PM
(this is No. 3, right?), it was much worse.

No, at least 4 could be 5 but at least 4. I'd say it went pretty well. The last change I believe we started with a fresh forum (Again).

Having said that are we counting this upgrade as a separate entity? If not then 3 possibly 4 :). I remember the Informe forum before this, the one before that I clearly remember and for some reason I'm thinking there was one before that but that didn't last very long before that "First Proper" one came along.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Not sure this tapatalk malarkey is "all that".
I have bought it twice now, once on this phone and once on my tablet (special version).
Just tried to modify the first post on this thread using the tablet and it let me edit it but hitting "send" claimed it had updated the post but it is clearly lying. On this phone it won't let me even edit the post...unless I chose the moderate option.
Ropey...
Wonder if this post will appear?

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

gr8gonzo

I'm still not keen to buy mobile apps (yet), but I think a mobile version of a forum is likely better than a browser version on a phone.

I find that I'm liking the "News" posting in the upper right, though. Useful info.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

MikeEvs

I have no problem browsing and posting on forums via my phones browser.  I don't need an app to do that.

rogerg

I am seeing a couple of things acting a bit differently in Tapatalk with the Frost* forums rather than the Tinyfish forums, but I'm still exploring settings, etc., to see if it is something that I might have set differently.  There is also that the Tinyfish forum is SMF 1.1.18 rather than the SMF 2.0.4 that the Frost* forum is running.  Therefore there is likely to be some things that will different Tapatalk-wise.

patience, grasshoppers!  ;D

MikeEvs

A question for the Mods:

When we see SPAM on the forum do you want us to use the "Report to Moderator" function or does that result in you getting too many notifications?

Or shall we just ignore it and trust that you'll see it and delete it without the need for prompting by us?

MikeEvs

In the Celebr8.2 thread in gigs http://frostmusic.net/forum/index.php?topic=3427.0

What I see is it get's to progdog's post and then cuts off and there's a box full of HTML code

owen

Quote from: MikeEvs on April 16, 2013, 08:53:03 AM
A question for the Mods:

When we see SPAM on the forum do you want us to use the "Report to Moderator" function or does that result in you getting too many notifications?

Or shall we just ignore it and trust that you'll see it and delete it without the need for prompting by us?

But what if we need new kitchens? More seriously, does this mean security , or whatever, needs upping? :(

PS I like the unread posts bit

RacingHippo

Quote from: MikeEvs on April 16, 2013, 09:15:49 AM
In the Celebr8.2 thread in gigs http://frostmusic.net/forum/index.php?topic=3427.0

What I see is it get's to progdog's post and then cuts off and there's a box full of HTML code

It was that ProgDog's sig. It seems that SMF doesn't like dog-germs.
* May contain nuts.

rogerg

A question for the Mods:

I would say Notify, but I'm a new Mod and don't know how it's been.  ;D

johninblack

Quote from: rogerg on April 16, 2013, 11:49:50 AM
A question for the Mods:

I would say Notify, but I'm a new Mod and don't know how it's been.  ;D

I'd rather be inundated with mod reports than miss something. I'd go with report.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Yeah, please let us know.
We try to be ever watchful but time is the scarce commodity so we might not look at every new post until some time later in the day.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

MikeEvs

Ok will use the report option if I see Spam