Why only one show in the US?

Started by BeyondThePale, December 03, 2008, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeyondThePale

If it's financial, it's more than understandable. I could imagine booking trans-continental would be a pain, especially moving all the equipment.

Or is it that you don't think you'd have enough of an audience here? I don't think I've had a single person dislike Frost* after I showed them, with the exception of people who think hip hop and club music is the only good music.

Sean

Because there aren't enough biscuits over here, or it could be money. I'm going with the biscuit theory.
[size=150]Carpe Diem[/size]

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "Sean"Because there aren't enough biscuits over here, or it could be money. I'm going with the biscuit theory.

Maybe they don't like cookies... :P
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Captain Reg

I would be willing to shell out quite a few biscuits to see FROST* here in the USA.
 : :)

[size=150]
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

-Arthur O\'Shaughnessy
[/size]

BeyondThePale

I'd shell out quite a bit more than biscuits, I'd shell out entire full course meals

J Jonah Jameson

Hello matey,

We are in discussions with people, as ever, about further shows over there.  The basic requirement for any gig anywhere is finding someone that wants to take the risk of putting us on.  Extra difficult when there's planes and work permits and hotels involved.

Having said that, we'd love to do more, and there's every chance we will.  We've had a great reaction to the band from people in the USA.  Trouble is, the States is so huge, even with more shows, someone's still going to be disappointed!

JJJ

gr8gonzo

I hope they are able to book more shows here, but honestly, while I'm more than pleased, I was surprised that Frost* had a U.S. date at all.  If not for RoSFest being a prog festival, I don't think Frost* would be coming here.  Playing prog isn't exactly a path to riches, though, so aside from some U.S. exposure, I do wonder how much they will benefit from the trip.    

In the early '90s, whilst playing in a hard rock band, we played every major rock club in West and Central Florida.  By the mid-'90s, nearly all of those clubs had closed.  Not because we'd played there, but because there just wasn't enough demand for those kinds of bands anymore.  Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of places I'm aware of that are booking performances by prog bands, much less lesser-known bands like Frost*.  

I don't think InsideOut has the funds to promote any one band enough to get them noticed here.  That's not a shot at IO - my CD collection would be a lot smaller without them - they're just a smaller label.  Releases are their strength.  

When I win the lottery, I won't hesitate to market the band and finance a small U.S. tour.  Until then...
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

yeah, I was wondering if there is any plan for a release of a single in the US? some radio play would be good, no?

Mikey

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"nearly all of those clubs had closed.  Not because we'd played there
Is that what they told you?  :D
I used to have a signature

ich_bin_besser

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"That's not a shot at IO - my CD collection would be a lot smaller without them - they're just a smaller label.  Releases are their strength.

And they did not release that much this year... I just hope they won't give up soon.
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

TheAmerican

PERSON WITH THE FROSTIE CREAM SODA PICTURE.   WHERE ARE YOU FROM!?!

Either you're from southern Illinois, or Frostie is more widespread than i thought it was...