Main Menu

Celebr8.2

Started by Brom, April 19, 2013, 08:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbo

Sadly i shall also be missing this one, already seeing spocks and steve hackett the same week with fish coming up just a week or two after, this will be the first frost show i will miss since before the peel 2008 gig and i am well and truly gutted.  >:( :'(
?"By the beard of Zeus"

D S

Sounds similar to me - May is due to be a mad prog month with the Beard, Celebr8.2, Hackett and finally Rush!  8)  Not that I'm complaining but after May, I've nothing in the diary till Peter Gabriel at the end of October so it's a bit 'feast or famine'.
Was in 2 minds whether or not to go to Celebr8.2 but as I missed Frost*bites (making 2012 my first Frost-free year since 2008  :-[), I wanted to make the effort.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DavSel

I'm still undecided whether to go or not. Time not being on my side I start uni next week so I'm buggered if I know how much work I'll have during 11th and 12th... HOWVEVER I'm still very tempted!!

I'm happy to drive down from the good ol' North West to watch the only Frost* gig this year and drive back after they finish! I know I'd miss Threshold but sadly time is not on my side.... hmmm decisions decisions... :/

Fogeyspasm

I shall be there, along with Liz and Mouse. Down Friday daytime. Home Monday. Beers and Prog and no expense spared.
8)
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Fogeyspasm

Will there be Merch? ;)
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

catherine

I shall be there for both days :)
(and might be up for a curry on the Saturday as it's an early end :) )

Twang

Here you go people.  ;D

Please support this Fest as much as possible. Tickets available via www.themerchdesk.com We'll have tickets on the door as well.

CELEBR8.2 STAGE TIMES.

SAT 11th MAY

IO Earth 2.00 - 3.15 Main Stage

Mark Spencer 3.15 - 3.45 Acoustic Stage

District 97 3.45 - 5.15 Main Stage

Galahad 5.15 - 5.45 Acoustic Stage

Frost* 5.45 - 7.15 Main Stage
Knifeworld 7.15 - 7.45 Acoustic Stage

Threshold 7.50 - 9.30 Main Stage

SUN 12th MAY

Matt Stevens 1.30 - 2.00 Acoustic Stage

Alan Reed and The Daughters of Expediency 2.00 - 3.15 Main stage

Andy Tillison 3.15 - 3.45 Acoustic Stage

Harvest 3.45 - 5.00 Main Stage

Matt Stevens and Andy Tillison 5.00 - 5.30 Acoustic Stage

Haken 5.30 - 7.00 Main Stage

Simon Godfrey 7.00 - 7.30 Acoustic Stage

Mystery 7.30 - 9.00 Main Stage

Arena 9.30 - 11.00 Main Stage

The Hippodrome Kingston, full wheelchair access. 100% of Artists Mech goes to the Artists!! Full details on www.celebr8prog.com   

Brom

ohhh 9.30 finish on Sat! this changes the perspective on the journey home. Now swaying towards the public transport option. I'm guessing the early finish is to allow the venue to morph into a disco.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

D S

I guess so.  I remember people queueing to get in for the nightclub after IQ last year but I don't remember a 9:30pm finish - thought it was later.
Public transport vs staying on for a curry with Frost*ies.  No brainer I'd have thought!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

RacingHippo

The early finish is because, as all veterans of Kingston gigs know, you can't get a decent curry in Kingston after 11pm (unless you book it in advance and get duly fleeced).
* May contain nuts.

catherine

Are we going for a curry then, decent or indecent?

D S

Given the early finish time, yes, I'm up for a curry (preferably a decent one  8)).
Come on, you\'re a lion!

RacingHippo

I'd be up for one, but I have to be elsewhere later that night (one has SUCH a busy social life now that one has partially-moved to The City, don'tchaknow).
So whether I can go currying depends on whether it's straight after Frost* or after all the other buggers have played...
* May contain nuts.

Bert

HERE IS THE NEWS...

Frost*'s ONLY GIG in 2013 will be at Celebr8.2.

Weekend and Day Tickets (£70/£45 + £2.50 booking fee) from The Merch Desk http://tiny.cc/celebr8tix

Here's a short promo vid to share share around http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd4qsAn_nxA

I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

JimD

I can't blimmin' well go, but I have put the video on social media to try and do my bit to promote what looks to be a great gig!
In the mean time, here is how I feel about, well, everything.

Albert Dock Cow by Jim Davies, on Flickr
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!