Main Menu

Frost*Cloud

Started by JakeWorrell, May 14, 2013, 09:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordwin

reqwrieom

Loving the podcasts and new material, but where did The Dividing Line 2017 go?? That version was by far the best available online and now it's no longer available (unless someone managed to download it)...

Looks like we have an August release for Album 4, and December for 5 according to the new podcast, and a song to look forward to - "Fade to Repeat"

lyn

I can't find anything on Soundcloud. Is it just me?
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

rogerg

well, this doesn't look right: https://soundcloud.com/frost-103731

and yes, Frost-cloud is empty....  O.o

reqwrieom

Glad I got to listen to that last Frost* report before the soundcloud got taken down, must've only been up for a week total. Someone's bound to have made a backup somewhere.

Unrelated, but does anyone know if the version of The Dividing Line on darok's site is the 2017 version?

L33VEY

Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

rogerg

Drarok

Quote from: reqwrieom on February 28, 2020, 06:17:16 AMUnrelated, but does anyone know if the version of The Dividing Line on darok's site is the 2017 version?
I know. ;)

It is not. I didn't know there was a 2017 version! Got any info on that?

gr8gonzo

Quote from: Drarok on March 30, 2020, 02:14:40 PM
Quote from: reqwrieom on February 28, 2020, 06:17:16 AMUnrelated, but does anyone know if the version of The Dividing Line on darok's site is the 2017 version?
I know. ;)

Tis on the TPE Remaster. I got mine from Miss Nellie's shoppe at the time (there's a thread on here about it, iirc). Alas, it doesn't seem to be available anymore. I don't have Dropbox anymore, but if there's somewhere other than email to send the beastie, please let me know. Happy to share.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

reqwrieom

Quote from: Drarok on March 30, 2020, 02:14:40 PM
I know. ;)

I'm hoping that gr8gonzo helped you in getting that.

Point of inquiry, I was able to search for and find both Exhibit A and Fathom on your site, but only through the search function. What's up with this, and also how did you manage to get mp3s of these?

Drarok

Quote from: reqwrieom on April 08, 2020, 04:24:20 PMI'm hoping that gr8gonzo helped you in getting that.

Point of inquiry, I was able to search for and find both Exhibit A and Fathom on your site, but only through the search function. What's up with this, and also how did you manage to get mp3s of these?
I've messaged him, hopefully he can follow my over-complicated upload procedure!

1. What's up with this? They're in a "hidden" folder, and the search function doesn't abide by that rule. I put them in a hidden folder because I wasn't sure I should be sharing those ones.
2. How did I get MP3s? I think they were on Soundcloud originally? It's easy to download tracks from most places online, even if they don't offer a direct link, so I probably just did that. It was too long ago for me to remember now though, sorry. (I'm very forgetful at the best of times.)

gr8gonzo

Quote from: Drarok on April 13, 2020, 09:38:55 PM
Quote from: reqwrieom on April 08, 2020, 04:24:20 PMI'm hoping that gr8gonzo helped you in getting that.

I've messaged him, hopefully he can follow my over-complicated upload procedure!

Same procedure as sending the EIMA podcasts to the DLBN server. A 16 minute song uploads a lot faster than 3 hours worth, though. :)

Drarok

Only just got around to looking at this, listening now. Thank you so much! 😊

I've not listened to the other version in ages so I'm not sure I'll spot any differences.

gr8gonzo

Quote from: Drarok on April 28, 2020, 02:31:34 PM
Only just got around to looking at this, listening now. Thank you so much! 😊

I've not listened to the other version in ages so I'm not sure I'll spot any differences.

There are quite a few differences. Most noticeable is that Madfiddler's solo is punched up more in this mix.

Drarok

Was it even in the original release? I can't hear it at all in that version, but I am technically deaf, soooo...

It was one of the things I definitely spotted as a difference, and there were a couple others I thought I'd spotted, but only little minor changes.