Frost* at Celebr8.2: another photo set

Started by Trapezium Artist, May 18, 2013, 02:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Following Mike's excellent set yesterday, here's my photographic contribution to our collective memory of the finest Frost* live experience in, well, more than a year  ;)

Unlike Mike, I decided to stay put in one location throughout the set, front row, left-hand side, as I felt I was there for as much for the music and the giggles as for the photon capturing. Plus, having just flown in from Baltimore that morning, I was feeling a little bleary by that point and needed propping up  :-*

I hope nevertheless that the ones I've picked out to upload are of interest and add to the general treasure chest of memories.

I've posted a small smattering of pictures here, but the full set is available on flickr at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markmccaughrean/sets/72157633521617254

Please visit, take a gander, look at the full-res versions (go into Lightbox mode in flickr [hit "l"] and then fullscreen), download what you want, and let me know what you think: all feedback always gratefully received.

Good to see everyone who was there, of course, and anyone who wasn't, well, you missed a blinder ...  8)

Frost* in action:

Jem taking an angled vocal line:

Nathan trying to wrap his brain around a typical Frost* moment:

Mitchell after suddenly realising that he has to try and remember the Arena set by the following evening:

Blunders counting to 17 before starting the next 11/9.5 fill:

Go on then, big boy; give your Number One fan a kiss  :-*

The famous Frost*ie banana reaches its final destination (check out the full-size version on flickr for all the signature detail you could crave):

Mikey

I used to have a signature

MikeEvs

Great work mate love the opening B&W band shot

Pedro

I like the "subliminal Frost*erisk" in the second and last ones.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: MikeEvs on May 18, 2013, 10:19:54 AM

Thanks, Mike: no wonder at all that you went straight for my favourite shot. It looks great fullscreen  ;)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on May 18, 2013, 09:03:46 AM
Up to your usual standards
Top Grats

Thanks, Mikey: much appreciated. I hate to ask (because I should know either way), but were you at the gig too ... ?

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Pedro on May 18, 2013, 10:25:21 AM
I like the "subliminal Frost*erisk" in the second and last ones.

In almost all of them, in fact ... Despite having had my nose stuck in Lightroom for hours, that rather simple and obvious fact evaded me completely  :o

Mikey

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on May 18, 2013, 10:51:44 AM
Quote from: MikeEvs on May 18, 2013, 10:19:54 AM

Thanks, Mike: no wonder at all that you went straight for my favourite shot. It looks great fullscreen  ;)
I liked that as well it's a belter

Mikey

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on May 18, 2013, 10:53:05 AM
Top Grats

Thanks, Mikey: much appreciated. I hate to ask (because I should know either way), but were you at the gig too ... ?
No, not even in stealth mode. I had a couple of plans but they fell through unfortunately.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on May 18, 2013, 12:03:01 PM
Top Grats

No, not even in stealth mode. I had a couple of plans but they fell through unfortunately.

Ah, great pity; you missed a good 'un  :'(

Mikey

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on May 18, 2013, 12:11:32 PM
Quote from: Mikey on May 18, 2013, 12:03:01 PM
Top Grats

Ah, great pity; you missed a good 'un  :'(
I have another plan  :-X :-X :-X

E.S.

I'd add captions, but we can't risk raising the quality of humour to an acceptable level. 8)

Excellent shots sir. :)

rogerg

Trapezium Artist

Thanks, Roger and ES: much appreciated.

catherine