Songbird anyone?

Started by Sean, December 05, 2008, 06:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Songbird is a media library and it finally hit its full release stage. Its got support for iPods and all, I'm just not sure how well because I don't have an iPod. But just throwing that out there, and see if anyone likes it. I think its powered by Mozilla.
[size=150]Carpe Diem[/size]

rogerg

Rick

getsongbird.com
Unfortunately does not work with iphone i believe which is a bummer.
Good shout though Sean, its quite nice and its skinnable which is always a bonus for a gui freak like myself..

rogerg

so what's the advantage over iTunes?  (I seem to be one of the rare types who like iTunes...)   8-)

Bokkie

I just tried it. It looks good and very similar like itunes. Very nice.
There is one downside.  I use rhythmbox for my ipod and the big advantage of that i think is, that you can drag and drop mp3 files from your ipod onto your desktop which itunes and songbird doesn't allow. Unfortunately Rhythmbox runs(as far as i know) only on Linux.
I have to mention that i tried it on Ubuntu.  
http://www.getsongbird.com/
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Geetar

I'm boring. I like iTunes- and I also bought every single piece of music that I own.

Is that weird of me?
This space for sale.

rogerg

Quote from: "Geetar"I'm boring. I like iTunes- and I also bought every single piece of music that I own.

Is that weird of me?

me, too.  but I don't own the music I didn't buy.   :P

btw, mac users can use Senuti to get tunes from the iPod into iTunes.

Bokkie

Quote from: "Geetar"I'm boring. I like iTunes- and I also bought every single piece of music that I own.

Is that weird of me?

Absolutely not!!
I bought all the music I've got as well, but i do a lot of tweaking on my Ubuntu box and sometimes with not so good results. And then i have to reinstall everything. And with a view simple mouse gestures I can restore my music library through  my ipod. I'm just lazy :)

Bokkie

Quote from: "rogerg"btw, mac users can use Senuti to get tunes from the iPod into iTunes.

Thanks for the tip, i wasn't aware of it's existence.

rogerg

Quote from: "Bokkie"
Quote from: "rogerg"btw, mac users can use Senuti to get tunes from the iPod into iTunes.

Thanks for the tip, i wasn't aware of it's existence.

sadly, it looks like they're charging for it now.  there are likely some freeware possibilities out there.