Losers: And So We Shall Never Part

Started by JakeWorrell, June 10, 2013, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

It definitely has the Godfrey DNA threaded through it, almost to the point where the Frost*iness is evident.
It's on loop for me now. I wasn't entirely sure I'd like it but it has won me over, very happy.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

JakeWorrell

Quote from: Pedro on September 15, 2013, 02:46:07 PM
It definitely has the Godfrey DNA threaded through it, almost to the point where the Frost*iness is evident.

a frost*like coating. a frost*ing, if you will.

You're definitely right though, it's almost like if frost* had a slightly more mainstream sibling or cousin.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

YamahaSynth

So...is it just me, or does anyone else prefer Jem's re-mix of 'Azan' over the studio/release version?  Small differences in the mix, but the MOST noticeable has to be the re-work of the vocals during the build at the end.

Regardless, this is a fantastic album and as previously stated: the Godfrey DNA is threaded throughout in a VERY good way.

owen

Just got it though I haven't listened yet. Is Jem now trading as KLLKLL? Only I don't see his name and he/she/they/it did additional production and mix

JakeWorrell

Quote from: owen on November 30, 2013, 06:09:58 PM
Just got it though I haven't listened yet. Is Jem now trading as KLLKLL? Only I don't see his name and he/she/they/it did additional production and mix

That's my assumption. Perhaps that's his most recent EDM alter-ego!

LivingForever

Did anyone else order the double CD with remixes?

Only I seem to have received the main album only...
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

JakeWorrell

Quote from: LivingForever on December 07, 2013, 12:50:53 AM

I considered the double CD but didn't go for it in the end. So my reply is pointless and doesn't help you at all.

rogerg

Mine, too, but I sure do like this album!  ;D

Pedro

I didn't, but I did find the band quite responsive on Facebook so if you ask they'll probably get back quite quickly. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

owen

I did only got the single too. Thought there were problems with getting the remixes out?

DavSel

Quote from: JakeWorrell on December 07, 2013, 02:49:19 PM

I considered the double CD but didn't go for it in the end. So my reply is pointless and doesn't help you at all.

Admittedly I was the same :) Again this message will not help in any shape/ form or biscuit!

TheFlymo

Perhaps I'm being a little bit fick here, but having completely missed the pledge thingy, is there actually any way on this planet to buy the album now? It really does seem to be the music industry's best kept secret!

I have sheckles waiting and everything!   8)

owen

In my emails today:-

"Dearly beloved,

Thank you so much for your patience on this. The process of putting this album together has taken an inordinate amount of time and we can only apologise. It all comes from such a good and positive place...get your mates and heroes to contribute to a collective, shared idea, but the reality is that it's like trying to herd cats. Not normal felines either, some of these cats have the most unforgiving schedules and enormous pressures. There was a lot of waiting on maybes too: DJ Shadow asked to remix Turn Around but just didn't have the time to "do something meaningful, although the will is there", Alex Metric, Monsta, and UNKLE too, all wanted to contribute, and we had to wait, even for the possibility of something from them, which for various good reasons could not materialise in time. Producers are human and humans have to pay rent, and work to deadlines, to things get prioritised, and a labour of love, like this, ends up inevitably slipping down the priority list, and und erstandably so. They all had to be made in 'down time' as it were, so, again, that meant we were forced to wait, and had to be patient, while all the time knowing that you wanted and deserved to have this record in your bosom. Even the mastering took longer than we anticipated, because favours had to be pulled to get it just right, and with so many different studios involved and so many different styles, one cohesive record was a mammoth task in itself.

So, now we are there. We managed to have every song on the album remixed, one or two even done twice for good measure, and the list is deep and wide, reflecting our taste, our music and our ethos.

The CDs have been mastered, the artwork has been done, the calligraphy penned by the legend that is Goldie and we are at manufacturing stage.

We can now reassure you that Losers 'And So We Shall Never Part II' will be posted out to you on the 21st March.

The download is available for you now here: www.pledgemusic.com/projects/losers/downloads.

Thank you again, for your love, patience and support, it means a great deal to us and we feel sure the end result has been worth the wait.

Your friendly neighbourhood Losers xxx"

:) :)

rogerg