It Bites website / forum

Started by D S, July 21, 2013, 11:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

Anyone know what's up with It Bites website and forum? For the last few days, I've just got a message saying the website can't be found... :-\
Is it down for maintenance / an upgrade or did JM forget to pay the bill?  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Pedro

I saw a few tweets this last week saying it was down and they were working on it.
To be honest, I haven't been there for a while - haven't felt the need.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Ivor

It's now saying "domain expired"... Someone not been paying the bills? :)

lyn

Quote from: Ivor on July 22, 2013, 09:05:11 PM
It's now saying "domain expired"... Someone not been paying the bills? :)

Too busy tweeting perhaps?
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

D S

Now there is just a domain name expired page with a sponsored link to Ann Summers Online.  :o
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Gman

I've been in touch and the problem is that Bob is on holiday abroad and isn't able to renew the domain until he's back. There's no issues other than unfortunate timing (and no auto renew)!

JakeWorrell

That's all very well unless someone decides to buy the domain who isn't from it bites. It's possibly hurting their search engine position too, depending on how long it ends up being down
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Gman

The reality is that there's about a 3 month holding period before the domain becomes available for purchase so that's not really likely to happen. They aren't optimising for anything really - what's in the meta tags and title were put there by me based on what I thought was appropriate!!

JakeWorrell

You know I've worked with the web for years and I didn't know there was a holding period for domains (though I rarely get involved in that side of things). You learn something new every day!
"The longer the note, the more dread."