Main Menu

Blunders' New Kit

Started by RacingHippo, July 31, 2013, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacingHippo

Following the re-release of Milliontown, we can now reveal the drum kit that Craig used to re-record the parts for some of the choons.

Combining Blunders' love of "fusion" kits with Frost*s love of baked confectionery, I think you'll agree that this drumcuit really takes the bis-kit.

* May contain nuts.

Pedro

I'm going to be a "PITAP" (last word is "Pedant"!) and point out that, to the best of my knowledge, the drums on the Bandcamp tweak of the Milliontown album are still those of the lustrous Andy Edwards.

Craig will be re-recording them for the planned new version...but that lot will have gone a bit furry by then....so best eat them now, right? ;) 
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

I'm really not so sure.
Especially in Hyperventilate 2013 - They're notably different. Whether that's Jem being VERY busy (and I really do mean VERY) programming an augmented part or Blunders doing his thang, I don't know. But I'd be surprised if Jem had the time to put into doing all that work just for an on-the-side release.
* May contain nuts.

D S

I noticed that too but presumed it wasn't Blunders and so thought it may have been Jem's original programmed drums turned up in the mix...  ???
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mikey

Aren't the 2 2013 tracks from the "live" dvd?
I used to have a signature

Mikey

Quote from: PlanetFrost*To make it a bit special-er, I've included 2 sonic excerpts from the forthcoming DVD as bonus extras

Pedro

Mikey: I know there's three clips of audio in the download taken from the upcoming Live at Rock(cake)field DVD. I'm not on about that. I'm banging on about the banging on or about the re-worked album tracks. I thought RH was asserting that Blunders re-recorded some of the drums for those. I don't think that was the case.

Hyperventilate 2013 *is* taken from the DVD so yes, that is Blunders, no question.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Ahh, no.
I was banging (and crashing, and crunching) on about the extras.
I may have chosen the wrong words. I had just got off a 90-minute conference call with people in Hong Kong, which started before I'd had a chance to get enough coffee into my system, so it's wonder I made any sense at all.
* May contain nuts.

rogerg

I appreciate the double bass pedal.

E.S.

Mikey

Jem says there's no added Blunders on the "old" tracks

RacingHippo

Quote from: rogerg on July 31, 2013, 06:05:32 PM
I appreciate the double bass pedal.

You mean the double cake-drum pedal, surely?
* May contain nuts.

rogerg

Fogeyspasm

Oh crumbs, I missed this the other day.
Would be fun miking that one up.
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!